• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Plymouth GTX - Pro-Touring theme

Great project and nice to see the pictures of the progress.

I installed the entire US Car Tool stiffening kit on my 1970 Road Runner, I really think it has made a very nice improvement in the handling. This is well spent time and money to stiffen the body!

Some more progress ...
The RH side ist a bit "crusty" underneath the front quarter panel :( ...

IMG_1028.JPG
IMG_1035.JPG
IMG_1174.JPG
IMG_2590.JPG
IMG_5408.JPG
IMG_6056.JPG
IMG_6222.JPG
IMG_7740.JPG
IMG_8932.JPG
IMG_9165.JPG

Hi,
Some more progress, I started with the rusty lower quarter panel RH.
I have to say ... if the engineer who engineered this section still lives, I like to punch him in the stomach !

First I removed the cavity sealant where the quarter panel and the rocker panel come together.
After that: again spot weld drilling ...
I removed as much of the rusty surface as possible and used again Fertan (rust converter).
Before I will close it again, it will be painted (rust prevention and paint) and I will use welding primer.
After I welded in the lower quarter panel section, I will also use Mike Sanders to prevent future rust.

IMG_7538.JPG
IMG_7539.JPG
IMG_7540.JPG
IMG_7541.JPG
IMG_7542.JPG
IMG_7543.JPG
IMG_7544.JPG
IMG_7545.JPG
IMG_7548.JPG
IMG_7549.JPG

Nice build!! there's a pro-touring '71 in Europe. Guy is called Gionni. Switzerland, I think. GY9 gold. air suspension.

sjd

Auto Transport Service
Back