• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Road Runner - 2nd project car - I must be crazy!

crahill39

Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
Just picked up another Road Runner yesterday on a deal that felt pretty good. Needs some work in a few areas, but fairly solid H Code car - missing drive train, but has fender tag and clear title. I bought this so I can use the other 71 Road Runner shell I have as true parts car for the GTX restoration.

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Craig

What a great looking solid project car. Sure wish we could find them like that up here in the rust belt.

I could only dream, but no Hemi here, just a 340 H Code car. I guess at sometime someone wanted it look that way.

Nice score on that 340 H car .. what are the plans and what does the fender tag have to say out of curiosity

Nice score on that 340 H car .. what are the plans and what does the fender tag have to say out of curiosity

I will probably get this back to original color, with a vinyl top. I got this primarily to hold onto for the future to build with my boy when he is bit older. There is also a family friend who has a young guy in shop class who needs to get some hours logged working on some form of shop type project, and I will probably recruit him for the tear down so we can get it blasted and epoxy primered.

Here is the fender tag:

DSC_0042.jpg

Craig

looks like it going to be a fun little project =0)

When the car was delivered, my 2 year old just couldn't walk away from it. All he wants to do when he goes outside is to climb in the car.

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

I am looking forward to him getting a little older so he begin tinkering with things in the shop.

Auto Transport Service
Back