• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Plymouth satellite worth any?

@Bruzilla I have 360 with a 650 carb I probably end up replacing it with this one .but this engine runs fine so I might have this 318 run till it dies then replace it.I'm not turning it into show car I just want some thing I can drive around.
You don't need a show car to drop a 440 in it. My car was, and will be again, a daily driver. The main reason I've always gone with a 440 is our cars attract a LOT of attention when we're out in them, when someone comes to the house, from people just driving by, etc., and one of the first questions these folks usually ask is "what engine does it have?", and I always hated saying "318", or "360", because the inevitable reply was always "I'll bet you wish it had a 440 (or a big block) in it!" Yep... and I would have to admit they were right. I want my cars to be the best, and a 440 is the best in my opinion, so for me I know any Roadrunner I get is going to end up a 440 car, so there's no point wasting time/money on interim engines. :)

the price of 68 to 70 B body is out of reach for most.. the 71 and ups will gain value and give it a few years and they will be the ones people will be chasing..because the other stuff you need to take out a mortgage... thanks Barrett Jackson buyers....LOL

1972-Plymouth-GTX-RoadRunner-Barrett-Jackson roadrunner.jpg

HI I just purchased my 1972 Plymouth satellite it's a all matching number with original color (faded now) Im the 3rd owner.after looking at the vin it was saying it's on a "High" price line. Im going to start working on it soon but before I do i was wonder if they worth any restoring it all orginal. Condition or should I go head and customize it. I don't want to ruin a good looking car if someone wants it in a original condition. Please leave a comment with what you think.

View attachment 408773 View attachment 408774 View attachment 408775 View attachment 408776 View attachment 408777 View attachment 408778 View attachment 408779
Congrats. Here's my old car from the Photo Garage section: https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showcase/1972-plymouth-satellite.4803/

'71-72 B-bodies are desirable. I bought mine for $4k back in the day, painted for $3,000, then a lot of money in building/transplanting the 318/904 to a 440/727. Get a RR bulge hood for it; gives it an aggressive stance (I did that, too). Good luck.

the price of 68 to 70 B body is out of reach for most.. the 71 and ups will gain value and give it a few years and they will be the ones people will be chasing..because the other stuff you need to take out a mortgage... thanks Barrett Jackson buyers....LOL

View attachment 408959
Good heavens. I've been hearing that exact same prediction since 1988 and it hasn't happened yet. :) 71-74 B Bodies have been The Next Big Thing for 30 years and I suspect the reality is they are never going to be as big as many people have been hoping for since Reagan was in office. There are just too many 68-70 cars on the market, as well as 71-74 cars that normally would have been scrapped but were restored instead as part of the The Next Big Thing hopefullness. Yes, Hemi and 440-6 cars will bring big money, but I suspect the rest are doomed to a life of rolling across auction blocks between 10:00 and 12:00 on Thursday afternoons, which is fine by me as this keeps prices affordable.

There is more to life of these cars then the money... I think personally the 71's and up had more colors, cooler graphics , hood treatments, exhaust tips...etc. and worth saving... etc. and the great thing about tastes is that we like what we like...and others like there stuff...

roadrunner 440.jpg rt charger.jpg aa exhauste.jpg

There is more to life of these cars then the money... I think personally the 71's and up had more colors, cooler graphics , hood treatments, exhaust tips...etc. and worth saving... etc. and the great thing about tastes is that we like what we like...and others like there stuff...

View attachment 409259 View attachment 409260 View attachment 409261
I'm with you on that. I like the 66-70 Plymouths, and I appreciate them, but I've never felt any burning desire to own one... except maybe a Superbird. My first love was 73-74 Roadrunners and they will always be my first choice with 71-72 cars slightly behind.

I agree with most of the learned comments here. Its your car, but if it were mine, I would drop a reliable big block in it, and turn it into something like this street beater cuda that is a Beck creation. I fell in love with it years ago, and swore that if I ever came across the right Mopar, something like this would be the way I would go. Would never have to worry about parking it anywhere. Dents, what dents? Who cares. And if youre only into making it worth more than what you invest in it, I know some young guys that would liquidate their modest retirement funds for a car like this.
So... I guess what Im getting at is the 71-72s tend to be overlooked by many buyers, so be imaginative, set a modest but reasonable budget, and MAKE IT STAND OUT. These cars are awesome to us, but with the right car (non-collectable), the sky is the limit. Good luck.
kuda_beater.jpg

Last edited:
HI I just purchased my 1972 Plymouth satellite it's a all matching number with original color (faded now) Im the 3rd owner.after looking at the vin it was saying it's on a "High" price line. Im going to start working on it soon but before I do i was wonder if they worth any restoring it all orginal. Condition or should I go head and customize it. I don't want to ruin a good looking car if someone wants it in a original condition. Please leave a comment with what you think.

View attachment 408773 View attachment 408774 View attachment 408775 View attachment 408776 View attachment 408777 View attachment 408778 View attachment 408779

This was the same green as yours

20161202_151644_resized.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back