• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Satellite - indicator ( turn ) switch Info required please

MFP

Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
My turn switch\ stalk " locks " ( in the down position) when turning left then cancels as it should , however the switch does not " lock " ( in the up position ) when turning right , I have to hold it in the up position to activate the indicators
So , can anyone tell me is this an ' easy fix ' or is it completely dismantle the column \ steering wheel off etc etc to repair or replace . I don't want to start to dismantle the column unnecessarily as I have not done this before

Sounds like the cam broken on the right side. To fix, there is no "easy fix" but to pull the steering wheel/column

Thanks mate , info appreciated .... Looks like I'll be getting my toolbox at the ready then .. on the upside just located a brand new column "switch " at rockauto ... Already ordered and in the post !

Auto Transport Service
Back