• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Dodge Charger SE a/c question

JohnEngland

Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
My 1973 charger se has all the a/c stuff on the car but on the fender tag there is no mention of the air conditioning option. It looks as if it was stock and came from the factory this way. Is it possible that it was never listed on fender tag?

If its an AC car it will have H51 on the tag. Maybe dealer added?

Is it a Lynch Rd car?

Usually they have H51 but the codes on those can be very limited.

WP29x3A?

Even Lynch Road tags should have H51 since its a option that required a special firewall. Lynch road tags typically showed codes that modified the body, specific holes, ect.

Pictures?

PLus I have all the a/c equipment that cam on the original motor too (i.e. condensor, pump, etc..)

20181002_172944.jpg 20181002_172958.jpg 20181002_173004.jpg

Yes it is a lynch car....also missing alot of the other options on fender tag.
If it was just the A/C, sure I've seen quite a few errors over the years. But. You say there's a few other options missing leads me to believe someone along the line added things they liked.

Maybe since it was loaded they didn't bother marking them ac cars
@Nacho-RT74 will Know the awnser
So let's see some pics of your car I'm curious a 73 se 4 speed car?

Even Lynch Road tags should have H51 since its a option that required a special firewall. Lynch road tags typically showed codes that modified the body, specific holes, ect.

Pictures?
Yep, the difficult thing about it possibly being a "dealer add-on" is the different firewall (not exactly an add-on part). My bet is that it's either been re-tagged from another car (check VIN on radiator support + trunk lip) OR they just screwed up on the tag at the factory.

That has an A/C firewall. Not easy to change. Could have changed and patched in just that area though.
Non a/c car would have the drivers side vent box thus a big hole in the driver side lower cowl. Could look up under the dash to see if that has been closed up.
If not then I'd say it was a factory a/c car.

Got a close up of the blower motor area of the firewall?

I agree it appears to be an AC firewall but that tube rising up to the left of the blower motor has me intrigued.

I agree it appears to be an AC firewall but that tube rising up to the left of the blower motor has me intrigued.

That tube is there on all of them!

What I was getting at is I'm fairly certain all s. e. Chargers had a/c you didn't get the cream of the crop and say no ac please! That car looks like it is loaded except for power windows and a sunroof (possibley Cruse control) it had AC from the factory!

That tube is there on all of them!

I agree that it's there on non AC cars. AC cars had the tube on the bottom.
AC was not standard on 73 SE's it was an option although most had it.

@JohnEngland post a close up picture of the firewall in that area.

Auto Transport Service
Back