• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Plymouth Satellite ANYONE?

dcoland70RR

Local time
2:52 PM
Reaction score
The first car I ever owned was a 1973 brown 2 door Plymouth Satellite with a 318 column shift. Bought it for only 300 in 1994 with slight rust and blown trans. Over the few years I owned it, loved it and rebuilt entire drive train and raced it for fun, NOT FAST BEAST COMPARED TO MOST, but had a blast. Took it doughty road in Chicago back road racing in mid to late 90's all the time. As a fellow MOPAR lover PLEASE PLEASE let me know if anyone comes across a brown or other 1973 satellite that is not bad rusted out, Because I would LOVE to restore one with my kids as a tribute to the first MOPAR I ever had.

Have one, is my sons first car. Unfortunately I know he will never sell and he has a ton of rust to get rid of. He just finished doing a complete tare down and is now saving to put it back together. Someone painted it black but as he took it apart you could see it was brown. Not many around here but will keep an eye out, best of luck finding one.
239c58393530f4ea59b4fcce4d9f1724.jpg

c3aa9777885f16ff4f8e3f8009c5eb3e.jpg

73f1cfdd36c18396a8bab7565bb2d220.jpg

10b5e9a090fe277962abcd5c9a3a78ee.jpg

2e7f7a4081babd7f8e219d063c34b382.jpg

Last edited:
The first car I ever owned was a 1973 brown 2 door Plymouth Satellite with a 318 column shift. Bought it for only 300 in 1994 with slight rust and blown trans. Over the few years I owned it, loved it and rebuilt entire drive train and raced it for fun, NOT FAST BEAST COMPARED TO MOST, but had a blast. Took it doughty road in Chicago back road racing in mid to late 90's all the time. As a fellow MOPAR lover PLEASE PLEASE let me know if anyone comes across a brown or other 1973 satellite that is not bad rusted out, Because I would LOVE to restore one with my kids as a tribute to the first MOPAR I ever had.
Everything's for sale, look at my garage on this site.

What's your budget and desired travel radius?

I have a 73 Roadrunner that I have been working on for a few months.
the body is solid, the paint is presentable but is an older home job. and the interior is worn but complete. The last time it has been on the road was in 2001. it was stored in a storage shed.
It was being used as a drag car with a 318.
The cam went flat the Previous owner tore the motor down and left it as is for the last 15 years, until I bought it.
since i bought it I have spent about $13.5K on it.
It has had a full front and rear suspension and brake rebuild. There is a leak in the brake lines some where, and still needs an alignment. It has brand new MT slicks and tubes.
It has a new 489 8 3/4 Richmond spool and 4.10 rear gear. with Dutchman axles.
The trans is a 727 built with all B&M race internals 2500 RPM stall converter.
The motor I had built is a fully forged and balanced eagle 408 stoker. Eddy RPM heads crain roller rockers and cam. Holly intake hooker headers. see my dyno sheet for actual power output 490HP and 530 TQ.
I can go on about every thing I have done, but here is what all it needs to be finished
Needs the leak found in the brake system,
electrical systems need to be gone through. there is no power to any thing inside the car, but the dome light works....
An alignment
the starter is not engaging when jumped at the relay
I am working on buying a house and need the money for that so Ill let this one go for $10k ( that is less than what I have put in her, not including the cost of the car itself)

Auto Transport Service
Back