• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1978 FURY INFO

FLY 9999

Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
Most of my B body knowledge ends at 1972, 75 for A's and 76 t0 81 F&M bodies. My friend sends me a pic of a '78 Fury that's for sale. Don't remember if the front and rear suspensions moved closer to the F/M/J body cars. Some of the Firm Feel F/M/J parts no longer exist or on a long term backlog. Hate to start a project and be held up over something simple but no longer made. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I am no expert but I have figured out a few things. The front suspension is B body. the front subframe is rubber isolated. the torsion bars are longer to reach the isolated crossmember. same as 73-74 charger. The rear axle is rubber Isolated but not like the 73-74 it is more like the F/M/J cars.

rubber isolated.
Yes to above. I had a 79 300 (Cordoba) after, the 1980 was a M body Cordoba, Diplomat,etc.
There are several companies the have urethane replacement bushings.
I replaced all on my 300 with Prothane . Energy Suspension is another.
Really made the car handle much better.

So it has the rubber biscuits that separate the K member from the frame? Are the torsion bars transverse like the FMJ's?

No

Should be the same as 73 "and up".

Auto Transport Service
Back