• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 1/8 step headers..what starter?

431Bird

Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
First off, I bought a powermaster 9513 used off the net..got it. It hit the headers. I sent powermaster pics..well ended up, I got a non adjustable block on it...so I ended buying a new 9513 that has the adjustment..put it on..still touches the tube a bit..I could dent it I guess..just wondering what you guys are doing..thanks

What year is the car?

What engine platform?

Which cylinder heads?

Who makes your headers?

Yes tti, indy Sr heads, and a low deck

got this info from TTI web site in foot notes
Cylinder heads:
383-400 B-engines using raised-port cylinder heads...
B1BS Sportsman, Brodix B1BS, Koffel's Original B1, Indy-440SR or Indy-440-1 cylinder heads.
Starters:

Chrysler mini starters: R53005984, 56027702AC

Mopar Performance starters: P5249644AB, P5007860, P4286522

PowerMaster XS Torque starters: 9523

Note: 440 applications with an 11" flywheel 143-tooth ring gear must use a RobbMc Performance starter #3005.

I wish I knew what the differences were between a 9513 and 9523. Looks it maybe have another hole to adjust and a nose cone?

Ok cool..I do have one to try..just the nose cone is broke.

funny you said that you have one with a broken nose cone. I broke the nose off of the same starter a few years ago when my motor sneezed and kicked back on startup one morning and it ripped the ear of the tranny !!! that sucked. but superstock is correct that's the starter.Good luck

These are my TTI headers in my 63. Tight as **** in there to fit the mini starter.

Are your headers similar to these?

498 indy motor.jpg

I wish I knew what the differences were between a 9513 and 9523. Looks it maybe have another hole to adjust and a nose cone?
I think that's the difference - one has the nose cone the other doesn't. With the cone it's a $100 more at Jegs. I believe they both have adjustment holes. I just bought the one w/o the nose cone.

Yeah ss..that looks like them

Ya getx..that's what I'm figuring..all's I need is like a 1/8th inch.Lol, but more would be better

Ouch mopower..thats not cool.

Here's a picture I got probably not that great

20160821_193443.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back