• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 charger if it was up to me

usaroadrunner

Local time
2:04 PM
Reaction score
IMG_1894.JPG
IMG_1895.JPG
im just blowing off some steam, I used to work for Chrysler in belvidere, IL assembly plant, I've tried submitting ideas and I also have some commercial ideas for dodge that I think would go over well, but my latest idea is how cool would it be if they came out with a 50th anniversary 2 door charger. Man that would be badass. Love the look of the SRTs an HELLCATS I just imagine them in a two door with a few ques from the oringinals like flush mounted fuel filler in the quarter panel, and some round flush mounted marker lights. Optional tail stripe. Just wish I could make it happen. WHAT IF....sigh.....

LOL.....they sell plenty. They aren't gonna invest any more money than they have to, to keep making money. People will buy anything that's accepted as cool. Most people have never seen a 2-dr Charger...other than the General Lee.

This is a great dream to ponder but is as likely to happen as it would be for monkeys to fly out of your butt.

would love to see it also... I'm a big 68/70 Charger guy.. but it would just take away from the Challenger, and don't think they would want to compete against themselves ...it would be great though

like this 2008, "converted" not sure who's or where

2008 Charger 2dr-two door Super Bee.jpg

I hate the wheels but it's a 2 dr widebody, what if

2013 Charger Widebody 2dr Fantasy Custom #1.jpg
2013 Charger Widebody 2dr Fantasy Custom #2.jpg

This would be great throwback,
IIRC it was a 2013 LX platform

2013 Charger, made from a LX platform #1.jpg

2013 Charger, made from a LX platform #2.jpg

2013 Charger, made from a LX platform #3.jpg

2013 Charger, made from a LX platform #4.jpg

here a concept from 2014 IIRC

2014 Charger 2dr Concept with 68 style tail-lite.jpg

I don't like these retro cars. They don't come off as well as they should, because they use existing platforms. They're all tall and have skinny wheels like a grocery cart.

Here's a different one, -69' R/T- retro look
a Challenger Platform it looks like
2015 IIRC renderings

2015 Charger RT -69- 2dr Concept # 2 Retro.jpg

another IIRC 2015 R/T -69- Retro rendering
2015 Charger RT -69- 2dr Concept #3 Retro.jpg

like this 2008, "converted" not sure who's or where

View attachment 405964

That looks nice but it does not say Charger to me.
We have nothing that does --for the Charger name-- what the newer mustang and challengers have done for their history and style.

Camaro made a nice car but like the Charger it was something new with an old name plate.

I don't like these retro cars. They don't come off as well as they should, because they use existing platforms. They're all tall and have skinny wheels like a grocery cart.
Fort the most part me too... :thumbsup:

some are done way better than others

2018 Challenger Concept...as a matter of fact, I think I swiped it from you, Buds. lol :poke:

Looks like a smaller scale roof on a large body. It also looks like a cross between a Camaro and Toyota.

It does tend to blend in to today's traffic.--nothing unique to speek of and set it aside.

Auto Transport Service
Back