• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You people don't pay attention. His ad's says he'll "paint any car for $***".... does NOT say anything about masking, de-trimming, parts removal !! :lol:

Bidding war!
I'll give Eldubbscheib 20 times that to paint my Roadrunner!
I'll even take the bumpers off, and throw in 2 rolls of masking tape.
Edit: if he's really nice I'll take the taillights out too.
Now Now! Don't go spoiling Earl Dubb!

Now Now! Don't go spoiling Earl Dubb!

1711673977425.png

Bidding war!
I'll give Eldubbscheib 20 times that to paint my Roadrunner!
I'll even take the bumpers off, and throw in 2 rolls of masking tape.
Edit: if he's really nice I'll take the taillights out too.

sold...... but no free metal work

I'm enjoying everyones' stories and contributions so far - but a quick clarification, since I apparently
didn't do such a hot job of it to begin with:

I'm asking what everyones' opinion is of the overall percentage of project cars out there - regardless
of make, model, etc. - that actually see a level of completion at least back to perfectly functional cars.
You know, as opposed to those who get eventually sold off by next of kin or whatever years later -
or get "discovered" in someones' barn decades later.
Abandoned dreams, as it were...
I've seen some shockers that turned out to look reasonable.....I would hate to see them now.

I'm enjoying everyones' stories and contributions so far - but a quick clarification, since I apparently
didn't do such a hot job of it to begin with:

I'm asking what everyones' opinion is of the overall percentage of project cars out there - regardless
of make, model, etc. - that actually see a level of completion at least back to perfectly functional cars.
You know, as opposed to those who get eventually sold off by next of kin or whatever years later -
or get "discovered" in someones' barn decades later.
Abandoned dreams, as it were...

Ed, I think you're in the wrong thread :fool:

I use to see these
commercials on TV. Calif
circa 1960's.
Per Ed's question.....
I would say that restorations
most do, at least have the
mechanics figured out and
applied.
Bodywork and paint require
special environments for
painting, and a plethora of
tools, time, knowledge and
pacience few posess.
I freely admit I'm terrible
at it, but I can at least drive
the old jalopy to the cars &
coffee.

I wish i had a scheib near me now :) If you did ok prep work it was a great deal...

A buddy of mine bout 20 years ago had a '67 ford pickup in gray primer.. his neighbors bitched bout it... so he drove to schieb said "Paint it pumpkin orange" sir... do you want to sweep the leaves out of the bed first? "Nope... paint the ******"

It was hideous and hilarious..

I looked upon Maaco in much the same light. Many a time in young years I'd think of whatever heap I was
running around in "I'll get it ready for paint, take all the trim off and such, then take it to...."
Never did it though.

I looked upon Maaco in much the same light. Many a time in young years I'd think of whatever heap I was
running around in "I'll get it ready for paint, take all the trim off and such, then take it to...."
Never did it though.
In 1975, I met a guy at the gym where I worked out, who was driving a '69 Olds 442, with beautiful red paint. I was shocked when he told me it had been done by Earl Schieb. He had removed all the trim, and done the surface prep himself.

Auto Transport Service
Back