• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

360 Fuel Pump

Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
I was curious if anybody had any experience with fuel pumps for a 360ci engine. I currently have a 1978 360 engine in my 72 Charger and need to replace the fuel pump that has a crack in it. The current damaged one looks like the SP1004MP (with 90 degree inlet and straight arm) in the pictures below and is recommended for a 78 Dodge D100 360ci but there is no identifiable marks on it. The one recommended for a 78 Charger 360ci is the SP1019MP (with straight inlet and bent arm) pictured below. My question is can these two pumps be interchangeable or do I order the SP1004MP in hopes that it is the correct pump?

sp1004mp.png sp1019mp.png

Either pump will mount to the block the same way and work. The difference will be in how the hose is routed on your current application. The difference in mounting is due to how the lines are plumbed from the factory along the frame and through the belts. The 78 charger would have had a smog pump on it where as the 78 d100 was smog pump free. This is probably why the outlet is different in order to route the fuel line around the smog pump pulley.

Auto Transport Service
Back