• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

383...... Magnum???

At least he didn't call it a 383 Hemi. I like that car

383 hemi LOL yeah. I do too. I love the Chrysler 300 series.

A/C PW buckets and buddy

I like it (except for the rust at the C pillar to quarter area)

When did the "TNT" 440 make it's appearance?

For B body cars, all 1966 383's were 4 barrels. Not sure about C body cars.

The only verified factory 1966 383 2 barrel I've ever seen was in a bus.

Wasn't the Magnum name for Dodge and Super Commando for Plymouth and TNT for Chrysler? My Dad bought a new Monaco in 70 with a 383 4 bbl, dual exhaust but don't remember what if anything was on the air cleaner. It did run pretty but not nearly as good as has 69 New Yuker with a 440. Man, that thing was a boat....and a lemon but the 440 never missed a lick. Maybe it was my fault? :D

I agree no 383 Magnums until the 1968 model year, but look at the left side exhaust manifold on that engine. I can't tell for sure but it looks like a HP manifold. Maybe the one on the right side as well. Anyone else notice that?

If in fact it is a 383 "Magnum", it wouldn't be the original engine.

I've just never heard of a 383 Magnum in a 1966 Chrysler 300.

That would have originally been a 325 horse 383, but I don't think that is the original engine. Wrong valve covers, exhaust manifolds, carb......etc.

True. Then again it doesn't say "all original".

There was a lady who advertised a late 40s model car on FB a while back as "all original". Really hyped it. Something wasn't right about it.

Come to find out it was a 50s model car, different engine and had been painted.

I politely corrected her as to what "all original" actually meant. She didn't like that too well lol.

That would have originally been a 325 horse 383, but I don't think that is the original engine. Wrong valve covers, exhaust manifolds, carb......etc.

Looks like it has 67-68 style valve covers (not sure if 66 used the same ones), but an original engine in that car shouldn't have the Holley & hp exhaust manifolds.

Wasn't the Magnum name for Dodge and Super Commando for Plymouth and TNT for Chrysler? My Dad bought a new Monaco in 70 with a 383 4 bbl, dual exhaust but don't remember what if anything was on the air cleaner. It did run pretty but not nearly as good as has 69 New Yuker with a 440. Man, that thing was a boat....and a lemon but the 440 never missed a lick. Maybe it was my fault? :D
Yes!

For B body cars, all 1966 383's were 4 barrels. Not sure about C body cars.
Mom and Dad bought a '66 Fury in '67 with the 2-bbl 383 (270hp I believe), so yes, C-bodies at the time did come with a 2-bbl. I never got over the fact it was a 2-bbl.....

Auto Transport Service
Back