• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 barrel vs 6 pack

The NHRA factored the 440 Six Pack at 450HP.
I would be inclined to trust the NHRA figures because they would've heard from everybody concerned since the number affects classes and such. They didn't just pull a number out of a hat

Had both on my car - no comparison in my mind when those secondary's open all hell breaks loose. Almost lost mine a few times over the years.

I would be inclined to trust the NHRA figures because they would've heard from everybody concerned since the number affects classes and such. They didn't just pull a number out of a hat
That is for an NHRA blueprinted motor. Very little resemblance to a factory motor. I don’t think they set their ratings based on what they heard.

Thinking back to quite a few decades ago I put a 6pak on a completely stock 440. The stock set up (original factory exhaust, stock intake/carb, compression, heads ,cam) ran 14:[email protected]. Same set up except 6pak went [email protected]. This was a 4000lb+, 3.23 gear, automatic trans b-body.

Auto Transport Service
Back