• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

411 on what the "kids" are up to these days...

I know how to adjust the water level for the load and also know to measure the amount of detergent. The only smart devices I have is the TV and the phone and 1/2 the time the phone acts dumb. Imo, more crap on something means more to go wrong.

Amen to that!

Too many dummies out there that don't know how or care to know how to use a basic washing machine. My first X used so much detergent that the clothing came out smelling real strong of detergent but she wouldn't listen to me as she said she liked the smell. Geez. Hey, she even liked the smell of gasoline but didn't like cars that went fast. Go figure. I'm way more picky about the women I meet these days.

Did you know the power companies can 'manage' your smart appliances if you have a smart meter on the house? If they can do that you know 'big brother' can too. "Let's lock up this guy's bank account and turn off his HVAC system along with all the other 'smart' devices too" big brother says.....
I say, " Go ahead, make my day."

I know how to adjust the water level for the load and also know to measure the amount of detergent. The only smart devices I have is the TV and the phone and 1/2 the time the phone acts dumb. Imo, more crap on something means more to go wrong.

Amen to that!

Too many dummies out there that don't know how or care to know how to use a basic washing machine. My first X used so much detergent that the clothing came out smelling real strong of detergent but she wouldn't listen to me as she said she liked the smell. Geez. Hey, she even liked the smell of gasoline but didn't like cars that went fast. Go figure. I'm way more picky about the women I meet these days.

Did you know the power companies can 'manage' your smart appliances if you have a smart meter on the house? If they can do that you know 'big brother' can too. "Let's lock up this guy's bank account and turn off his HVAC system along with all the other 'smart' devices too" big brother says.....
That's why i did not connect it to wifi, simple

Data harvesting is big business. Every bit of data about you is absolutely getting scraped and stored in a database, if only to push a coupon or deal on you when you are at the right time and place to be coaxed into a purchase. Of course govn buys these databases and tucks the info away in a "fusion center." Better hope you never have to make a run for it!

Data harvesting is big business. Every bit of data about you is absolutely getting scraped and stored in a database, if only to push a coupon or deal on you when you are at the right time and place to be coaxed into a purchase. Of course govn buys these databases and tucks the info away in a "fusion center." Better hope you never have to make a run for it!
Best have two sets of ID. With different names of course.

That's why i did not connect it to wifi, simple
Got a laptop that connects to it but the smart TV isn't....and I covered the camera and mic on the LT with tape a long time ago. Might not be good enough for the mic though?

Best have two sets of ID. With different names of course.

You're not getting by all the biometric identifiers. You can be identified by your face, the way you walk, your heartbeat. If you're on Facebook, your social networks have been mapped out. Who are you going to run to? Not anyone you know.

Of course everyone here is innocent and would never do anything wrong. A while back though I remember hearing an Amber alert on the radio, some dude was making a run for it with his kids. I remember thinking, "What if his ex is with a new man who's abusing his kids?" There was a guy on YouTube who said, every time he returned his kids to his ex, he knew they were getting raped by her new boyfriend. People asked him, "Why didn't you kill the guy?" And he said "She'd get another one just like him and I'd be gone." Any man with children could find himself in the same situation.

I think this young generation of kids need to get back to the basics. They should ditch the phones, grab a carload of friends and take a nice country drive sip on a couple of cool ones, maybe go to a county or state park and walk through some nature, pass a joint around, relax and enjoy some good rock and roll and good conversation, laugh, tell stories and enjoy the simple things in life. jmo

Auto Transport Service
Back