• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

413 info needed...

63dodge440

Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
have a chance to get a 413 for a 426 ramcharger project, what are the good the bad and the ugly i need to look for and why... was told to stay away from the 413 industrial engine, not sure why...

Not all 413's were industrial engines.....is this what you are looking at? Some industrial engines have the 8 bolt 'extended flange' cranks but the regular 6 bolt crank will go in with no problems. Other than that and the lack of replacement pistons, they are pretty much the same as the rest of the big block line up.

Not all 413's were industrial engines.....is this what you are looking at? Some industrial engines have the 8 bolt 'extended flange' cranks but the regular 6 bolt crank will go in with no problems. Other than that and the lack of replacement pistons, they are pretty much the same as the rest of the big block line up.
Not Shute I need to know how to tell what iam looking for I want to do a 426 ram charger in my 63 dodge 440 some day and I think I can get this 413 right

Is the engine someplace where you can go look at it? Generally, industrial and motor home engines had the high mount water pump housing with water ports also going into the heads and also had a gear drive for the cam. Gear drives are ok but in this case, the cam is reversed rotation and you sure don't want to use that huge high mount water pump setup either. If you're looking for an engine to drop in and use, I don't think this is it.

Why not use a 440 that looks exactly the same. You are trying to make a 413 look like a 426.Why not do it to a 440. You have better parts availability ,no valve shrouding plus more cubes are more HP. Once you dress it up no one can tell..........

Auto Transport Service
Back