• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 complete engine just add spark and gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
440 engine
complete turn key self contained .mini firewall and built in radiator.
Just add spark and gas and she's up and running.
Put this in your rat rod and listen to them talk.

This is a marine engine complete from carb to pan and everything inbetween. Had 139 hours when removed.

$1675, can deliver to chryslers @ carlisle next month.
I'm near york pa.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 923
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 921
"self contained 440"

Your "built in radiator" is actually a heat excharger that takes in raw water through the hull and cools the anti freeze in the block. You can see where the raw water exits the exchanger and dumps into the exhaust manifolds to cool them also before exiting through the exhaust pipes and getting dumped overboard.

In short, this will run only about 15 minutes without a water source before it melts into one solid piece.

There is also a 50-50 chance it is reverse rotation.

Still pretty cool piece of Mopar history.

There is also a 50-50 chance it is reverse rotation

Thats what I was thinking. Cool little setup.

Sold

SOLD to a neighbor. Again, NO hits from FBBO.

Reply to the guy who said it would melt in 15 minutes.
The whole system was sealed and routed back through the tanks.
It will run all day long.

I think this is cool as hell.

There is a guy at the lake here in Tulsa that has an old early 70's house boat with dual 440's. If the wife would let me I would have already purchased it.

yeah,,,,

I think this is cool as hell.

There is a guy at the lake here in Tulsa that has an old early 70's house boat with dual 440's. If the wife would let me I would have already purchased it.

one of those dual 440's ran in reverse rotation for sure,,,, funny looking crank in one of them., lol

Just heard from the buyer of the 440...Says it's the cleanest engine he has ever seen inside.....appears to have been barely broken in..HAPPY AS A PIG IN DO-DO.

That was an awesome setup. Somebody was lucky to get it.....but BCBOUND was dead right. That's only a heat exchanger that's made to take in outside water, transfer it through the manifolds to cool them then out the exhaust. If it ran cool where it is, it was only because it was under zero load.

All that said, I take nothing away from it. It has a megaton of cool points and has to be rare as all hell. Only way I think it could be better would be if it was an early Hemi.....which they made a lot of, btw. You gave somebody a great deal on a awesome piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back