• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4K Ultra

ESOXER

Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
So the wife decided to replace our fire stick with the 4K version for our 4K TV. I dont see the difference. It's a 65" LG and I call BS on this 4K BS. At least our new firestick remote works for now, till I have to download an app again

You should be able to see a distinct difference.
Is the video source (4K firestick):
1. set to output 4K ?
2. are you viewing 4K video material or is it an upscale of a lower resolution video?
Original 4K video from my experience is noticeably clearer than upscaled video.
On DirecTV, there are a few 4K source videos available, but only on a couple of channels dedicated to 4K.
:popcorn2:

I don't even know what you guys are talking about.
(Techno-tard here)

It's set to 4k
It's a 4k tv
It's a brandy new 4k stick
I dunno, I hooked it up today when I got home, didn't watch anything before i hooked up the new firestick

Well, I don't have a firestick, and the only thing I can suggest is to watch some video content that is 4K, and the image should be noticeably more detailed, "clear" and lifelike than HDTV

I just started "The Lost City Of Z". I agree with you now. The other 4k content on Amazon wasn't backing it up, or it was my net service. I've watched this movie before and it's better than the last time.

It's nice IF the source is 4K, that's the catch....very limited 4K broadcasts offered at this time

This is just a personal experience but my wife and I have a 55 in Visio that’s aroun 4 years old. Picture is still great and I didn’t think upgrading was anywhere I. The future.... until a close friend bought a 4K UHD Visio tv... he was watching a Netflix show that we also watch (peaky blinders) and wow. Mine the picture it’s is great but his looks like I’m watching the events unfold through a window instead of on a tv screen.... idk about your specific situation but in my experience there is a clear difference between 1080p and 4K

This is just a personal experience but my wife and I have a 55 in Visio that’s aroun 4 years old. Picture is still great and I didn’t think upgrading was anywhere I. The future.... until a close friend bought a 4K UHD Visio tv... he was watching a Netflix show that we also watch (peaky blinders) and wow. Mine the picture it’s is great but his looks like I’m watching the events unfold through a window instead of on a tv screen.... idk about your specific situation but in my experience there is a clear difference between 1080p and 4K
Agreed. My nephew just bought a new Visio 4K 70” and it puts my top of the line Samsung 1080p to shame. The clarity was beautiful. I’m not about to upgrade yet either but when I do it will be sweet indeed.

This thread might as well be in Spanish!

I got a 4k TV when they came out . After witch I found out there was nothing else in 4 k yet!
Except for the PS4 gaming system. I was amazed at the picture of these games . Now 4k is starting to come around more maybe I can finally see regular TV in 4k soon

Word of advice don't watch 4k **** ! It will ruin **** forever! You will be able to see the hairs they missed when they shaved or the poop stain on the couch ....

Maybe next they will have *** and puss smell come out of the speakers.

Please...no.

Facepalm Picard.jpg

I sold electronics since 1990, and left the business in 2009.
I have 2 published Theater Rooms to my credit, one was my own that I conceived, constructed, and executed myself, the other one was for a client. A friend kicked in the theater themed carpet I selected, but I did everything else.
So I have a deep although dated knowledge base of audio/video.
Regarding 4K....
Broadcast material is generally governed by the federal communications commission. A few years ago they revised the broadcast regulations, and that was the end of the over the air analog system, and the beginning of over the air digital broadcasting. Along with the host of standards, in typical federal government style (pages and pages) came the resolution standards. Those play a large part in the resolution of video material for broadcast. The work around that allows for more advanced resolutions like 4K is pay programming. A broadcast media like DirecTV, Firestick, Roku, etc can broadcast in 4K because it is a paid subscription.
That is a big reason why there is limited 4K material.
In order for higher resolution video to become more readily available, the FCC had to update the broadcast standards.
All of that info is off the top of my head.
For more information, especially about 4KTV, read this:
https://www.theverge.com/2017/2/2/14488608/4k-tv-broadcasts-ajit-pai-atsc-3-hdr

Auto Transport Service
Back