• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5.7 hemi transmission

Knonis2106

Local time
8:58 PM
Reaction score
I am doing a 5.7 hemi swap in 71 runner. I have a 300c donor car. Is it possible to use the transmission from the donor car? Can the tail shaft be changed to a slip yoke?

Id say anything is possible but I am quite certain you have to do major surgery to the floor to get it in there, have to have a computer to run it as well.

Id say anything is possible but I am quite certain you have to do major surgery to the floor to get it in there, have to have a computer to run it as well.
I have the complete donor car for anything I need for wires/computer/sensors. I would like to use the trans for the overdrive if possible.

I am not an expert in this although I have researched it some because I am going to do a GIII swap in my 68 Cuda. I do not think you can use the comp you have with the donor without it being flashed or something. If you are willing to cut the floor and T bar cross member I thinking it can be done.

Physically I’m sure there are mods that need to be made. Electronically, Hotwire has the electronics and computer controlling figured out. They can tell you exactly what components you will need from the donor to make it all work together.

if your talking about the nagy trans it needs input from wheel speedsensors to operate,not sure if this can be bypassed!

Auto Transport Service
Back