• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

535 supercharged first start up... Didn't go so well. thoughts needed?

Wo

He will probably throw this junk together and go out and run 9’s
Lol didn't build it to race...just used parts that I acquired through trades...thinking I got the bad end of the deal....

So I'm going to be measuring pushrods here shortly. Will have the spring switched over tomorrow. One question I had is my cam guy said I should use 15 thousandths for preload but my machine guy said he would run 30 to 35 thousands preload that's added to the measurement I get. He said 15 thousands would work but it would make noise. Thoughts?

Go with what the cam guy said or half way between the 2. .035 seems too deep to me.

Ok just checking....
I agree with. 015 on a flat tappet hydraulic .. but the roller hydraulic lifters can have their own sweet spot. What does the instructions for the lifters say?

Are all the valve tip heights the same? Trying for .015" with stock rockers and varing tip heights will be a crap shoot. The normal accepted preload is .020"-.040".
Doug

Are all the valve tip heights the same? Trying for .015" with stock rockers and varing tip heights will be a crap shoot. The normal accepted preload is .020"-.040".
Doug
I think I'm going to run 30 or 35. I got all the springs installed. Went to put the cam in. I can get the cam all the way in except for the last cam journal. I don't know why but it won't go in... and on top of that I forgot that a roller cam uses a cam button and a three bolt timing gear set . I have to catch a break at some point lol

Last edited:
So having trouble putting in this roller cam. It goes all the way in except for the last cam bearing. The flat tap it cam I took out obviously fit. I don't see anything wrong with the can bearings. So it looks like another trip to the machine shop with my old cam and the new cam and make sure that the cam is cut the same? This is getting ridiculous lol...

Auto Transport Service
Back