• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

55-pounds of dog food per week. What's you bill?

SteveSS

Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
I get 50 or 55-pound bags of Pedigree dry dog food a week. The Newfoundlands can really eat. I watched them just now. Two of them actually chew/crunch a little but the big male just vacuums it in. It's usually about $28 bucks a bag.

Did anyone else have a crazy dog food bill?

Sorry for the Your/you misspell. I just noticed it.

Last edited:
We have a beagle.

A 50 lb bag lasts a month minimum

My wife goes through 2 50lb bags of wild bird seed a month and about 5lds of sugar for the Humming birds. Fat Quail, Dove and hummers that iI cant shoot for the Barbie. Plus Bird poop allover. Got a mating pair of Owls that eat well but cant keep up.

No dog here , however this one costs 5 bucks a week to feed. Plus 50 crickets.
E57E7834-8232-408C-929E-4338D41FC3F2.jpeg

I have two Huskies, a 46 lb bag of Blue Buffalo lasts about a month.... My vet sez they both need to loose weight...

Just took this picture of Hawkeye saying goodbye to the old cat condo before it goes to the dump. He’s over twenty pounds. Besides eating us out of house and home he’s also diabetic. I have to shoot him up with insulin twice a day, so the price of food, insulin, and needles. But he’s part of the family and we love him. The other four cats added up barely weigh more then he does.
B2D54E66-FA48-4B2C-AA2B-047CBE5B9115.jpeg

50 pound bag every 2 weeks 2 dogs Rottie and shepherd

i wish i could use dog ****, like they used to use yak turds for cash long ago.
id be a bazillionaire

They need to find a way to use cat **** in cosmetics. Or tell old Chinese guys it will fix limp dick syndrome. It will take some of the pressure off of literally every endangered species.
They do in Chinese food. Its what is found in wonton soup. Marinade in cat pee. And wala.

So when we had 4 dogs we went threw 100# of dog food a month one bad was $24 ish the other was $48
Then at that time we had 17 ducks there food bill was roughly $80-100 a month
Then there was a cat but it was $15 every 3 months!
So roughly $180-$200 a month to feed the kids

So now we have 3 dogs $50 month
2 cats $20 month (wet food)
2 ducks $20 a month

$90 a month considerable better

Butttttt.
Add 2 kids now $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Plus food prices are going up big time!!!!!

I'm gonna have to eat the cats

I get 50 or 55-pound bags of Pedigree dry dog food a week. The Newfoundlands can really eat. I watched them just now. Two of them actually chew/crunch a little but the big male just vacuums it in. It's usually about $28 bucks a bag.

Did anyone else have a crazy dog food bill?
I feel for you, when I was young and married we had 2 or 3 great danes for 20 years.. I remember being broke and out of dog food.....
Bentley eats an 8 pd bag
DSCF0106.JPG
a month

Titan eats a 40lb bag a month. His Cushings meds are $130 a month his arthritis meds are $100

So now we have 3 dogs $50 month
2 cats $20 month (wet food)
2 ducks $20 a month
I'm gonna have to eat the cats
If you eat the cat right after it eats the duck then you'd have two different meats at the same sitting. Now what would you want for your two vegetables?

Last edited:
We have a beagle.

A 50 lb bag lasts a month minimum
Beagle, another name for a four legged garbage can. But a hell of a tracker/hunter. If the two of us, the dog and I, where lost in the mountains, she would not let me starve. But I may not want to eat what she brings back.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back