• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 64 max wedge

No clue. Not many! Saw a magazine feature on a 64 high compression max wedge in a sport fury convertible. Supposed to be a 1 of 1.

a friend of mine told me he had a 63 ,I remember the car but at the time I didn't know it was a max wedge, another friend had a 64 hemi savoy. they used to street race a lot . The maxie won the most ,it was auto,hemi was 4 speed.Those were the days.

The race hemi should have been a bunch stronger than the maxie, but hooking up the four gear could have been a big factor, along with the fourspeed drivers skill level. Torqueflite maxie probably hooked better.

Yes. A friend of mine that passed away 20 years ago had a 64 Max Wedge car. It was very cool. I think his wife still has it. She doesnt drive.

The race hemi should have been a bunch stronger than the maxie, but hooking up the four gear could have been a big factor, along with the fourspeed drivers skill level. Torqueflite maxie probably hooked better.
the max had been built by a speed shop for drag racing,was not street friendly but it didn't matter back the. That car actually had the short tube cross ram intake manifold. Thought it was the coolest thing I ever saw as a lad of 15. The hemi was a true hemi , driver was biggest factor, I was fortunate enough to work on that car when I worke d at Plymouth dealer I 1968 and 69. Man I miss those days. I loved the 63 and64s so much I have 2 63s and 2 64s Still trying to figure out how to upload pictures.

thanks brother any idea how many made?

I can look it up in my Darrell Davis books as I have his 63 and 64 Max Wedge Plymouth books. Off the top of my head I know they built 1196 Max Wedge 63 Plymouths. 72 of the Super Stock II's were made and 40 were built with the aluminum front end. Mopar built another 10 aluminum front ends that went into the parts dept so some racers could buy and install the aluminum front end. The book breaks down how many of each model and each eng between the low comp (11.0 @ 415 hp) and the high comp (13.5 @ 425 hp). I will dig the book up tomorrow and post it for you. Ron

The first time I noticed the deep, glossy black 63 Savoy was hearing it from almost 2 blocks away, coming down the main street between some really tall buildings in Gulfport at Cruisin the Coast. 413 Max Wedge 2x4bbl with tube headers..cutout plates open..It was AWESOME. His dad has a 64 red 426 Hemi Belvedere. They are quite the pair!
20151004_130229.jpg
20151004_130235.jpg
20151004_130211.jpg
20151004_130247.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back