• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Belvedere 727 transmission ID

Great White

Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Trying to verify if the transmission in my 65 Belvedere is original to the car or what year it was built.
The part numbers along the pan rail (F2466112 1499911) don't jive with anything I've found in searching the web.
Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_7137.jpg

As far as dating it to your car, check the casting date of the trans and compare it to the scheduled production date of your car. It is all you can do before 1968.

F2466112 = F production plant, 2466112 = 1965 B/C body with 361, 383, 413 engine (code ending in 113 426 wedge) 1499911= typical 10,000 day code

Yes it does have a splined output shaft and its the cable shift style so I figured it was the right year.
Regarding the production date, there appears to be no correlation between the fender tag numbers and these numbers.
The pan rail numbers are the only numbers I found on the case.

There is no 10,000 day calendar date on a 1962-1967 automatic trans.

The last seven digits are not a date code. There will be no correlation between your VIN, fender tag etc and the transmission numbers. Casting date is the closest you can get for a pre 68 trans.

Off subject a bit. F, G and PK...??? Three different plants, or all Kokomo??

The letters before the part number are not plant numbers. That started in 1968 with PK. I believe they have something to do with the calendar year that the trans was built in. I have seen lots of 66 trans with either a G or an H on them, and 67s with either an H or a J. They carried on with the letters after 68 but they were after the part number. They stopped doing that at some point. This is only my opinion, I have not done much research on it.

Auto Transport Service
Back