• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 rear bench seat

glorydays

Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
Is the two and 4 door bottom seat frame the same? Plymouth bel sedan if that matters... I had a seat cover made for me and when I got it and tried to fit the front edges are totally different. I was told I had a 4 door seat in my 2 door sedan. I find that odd but possible but I know it's the original seat.. also My 65 sedan coronet looks the same as well pics for reference but I'm trying to figure out get the new cover to work...

20180911_214246.jpg 20170902_131430.jpg

They are not the same the 4 door is rounded more to get in and out.

I'd been led to believe they're different as well. I have seen enough pretty original cars with the rounded rear bottom cushion to make me wonder though. I can't imagine why that many would have been switched out over the years.

It's possible to strip your bottom cushion and remake the leading edge of the frame to work, but it's a fair amount of work.

I'd been led to believe they're different as well. I have seen enough pretty original cars with the rounded rear bottom cushion to make me wonder though. I can't imagine why that many would have been switched out over the years.

It's possible to strip your bottom cushion and remake the leading edge of the frame to work, but it's a fair amount of work.

Thanks for the reply. I guess on both my cars ma put in 4 door bottom seat frames... the build sheets were there...

Before I butcher anything, which I am good at I will take it down to the local upholstery shop and let them charge me an arm and leg to make it right however they fix it... ahahhaah thanks again :)

I've seen them both ways! Usually in the low level models. Taxis, cop cars, Govt. etc.

I found a 64 belvedere 2 door bottom for 75 bucks I wonder if this will work? It has the correct lines.. Sweet part is that it is local might get this thing covered this weekend ahhaha fingers crossed

My belvedere1 original rear seat has rounded corners like a four door seat.but I don’t think a four door seat will fit correctly. I have parted out several hard tops and they all had the square seats.

Auto Transport Service
Back