• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 only

tirefryin-Bob

Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
So, what do you 66/67 guys say is the largest slick you can fit once the leaf springs are moved inboard using Mopar Performances relocation kit?

I raced my 66' years ago and looking to get back in the game but with alot more power and I need as much rubber as possible

Any pictures would really great..... :sSig_thanks:

I have a 67 coronet and have 275's which are 10.5 inches. This is as big as I can get with stock.

If you had the springs relocated you would also need to mini tub to get any benefit. However with each of these done you would have about 15" from frame to fender.

I have a 67 Belvedere. I currently have a 28.5x9 Phoenix slick under mine with the inboard kit leaf spring kit. My wheels are Weld Draglites 15x8 with a 5.5 backspace. I couple of guys on Moparts.com have said I can get a 30x9 Hooiser under it. Watch the sidewall widths before you buy. Every tire manufacturer is different even though it says it's the same size. Some picture are in my profile. Hope this helps!

Hey Sam, Did you open up/mini tub your wheel wells after you relocated your springs?? 9" seems kinda small for the extra 3" your suppose to get from moving the springs.. btw - Nice look/job with the cage set-up!! Did you do that yourself??

The wheel wells for 66/67 are always a challenge and there are always questions about them as to "what will fit."

What everybody needs to know BEFORE they post this question is what wheels they have or are planning to buy, what the backspecing is, AND if you are planning on hauling any passengers in the back seat. This is for a stock car.

There are people that say they have fit 275/ 70s? 60? under the stock well but I don't know what backspacing they are running. I have 9" X 28" slicks on my 66 with 7" steel wheels and standard factory backspacing. The wheel wells are stock and the springs are in the stock location. With tire growth on the stripe I would not want anything bigger without modifications.

Hey Sam, Did you open up/mini tub your wheel wells after you relocated your springs?? 9" seems kinda small for the extra 3" your suppose to get from moving the springs.. btw - Nice look/job with the cage set-up!! Did you do that yourself??

Bob, my wheelwells are stock. I moved the springs in after getting my wheel and tire combo. The sidewall was hitting the leaf spring, so after moving them it solved the problem. Thanks for the compliment on my cage, I can't take credit for the cage, a friend that I race with did it for me.

Auto Transport Service
Back