• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Charger Turn Signal Problem

Charger-Man-NC

Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
I installed a new turn signal switch on my 66 Charger and now it won't cancel. Does anyone have any ideas? The new switch is from Summit. Looking at their site, the picture of the MD2138, supposedly for a 66 Charger, and the MD2139, supposedly for the 67 Charger, they look the same. The MD2138 that I got looks like the MD2139 picture and not like the original I took out. The problem with the original switch turned out to be one of the wires in the connector had come out of the crimp pin. But having gone through all the trouble to get to it, I decided to put in the new switch. Any suggestions?

75 percent or better on the market is CCJ. Cheap Chinese Junk.

Send it back. New ones are junk. If yours ever needs replacing, get nos.

I glanced at the OER pictures of the two switches.
They basically seem the same don't they?
I see a minor difference.
I suspect the difference is in the wiring colors which has no bearing on the cancel function.
The finger thing under the steering column should all be the same in relation to the switch cancel ear.
I'm guessing you have a mounting or physical issue. The physical side of the switch may be the problem.
At least the B body switches being reproduced have OE type roller for the horn contact.
The A body repo switches for the 70's all have a solid spring loaded stem for the contact.
You can hear it rubbing when the wheel is turned.

When you turn the wheel does it sound like the canceller is working (clicking)? Maybe you didn’t tighten the wheel down enough so that the little cancel arm on the back side of your wheel is able to touch the cancel cam.?

From the two reviews on summit seems like you got a 50/50 chance of a bad one from them.

Send a PM to @Slantsixdan . He sells turn signal switches from the original Chrysler supplier.

Auto Transport Service
Back