• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Hemi 4-speed GTX on BaT

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:28 PM
Reaction score
Someone might want to check out this Hemi GTX. Looks pretty original ( and worn) but all there.

1967 Plymouth GTX Hardtop Hemi 4-Speed

Some old body damage and antenna in wrong place but doesn't Look rusted and pretty clean underneath.

A Canadian car.

A good deal of things changed on this one. My personal dislikes are the long tube headers, lakewood bellhousing, cam change, and oil pan. I realize these were so called performance and safety changes. Also there is the removal of some of the western scroll on the seats. There is also a 936 radiator rather than the Hemi 934 piece. The seller indicates previous front end damage and rust around the wheel wells with filler in the rear quarter. Also there is the build date on the engine that is 9 months before the cars assembly date. These are my first takes on the pictures and information provided.

I will bet its had the crap beat out of it. Lots of things hidden under that paint. Could have potential at the right price. To me 40k to 50k.

@pnora , I like your thoughts. I can see $4000 on interior, $6-7K on body and metal work, then there is the paint job???. Who knows what drivetrain work is needed. I see a crap shoot to break even. I agree at the right price for someone with skills it could work out.

Marked as Sold
1704398464924.png

Missed that :thumbsup:- thanks for letting me know.

My gut says theres some serious voodoo hiding under the paint on the car. Without seeing that in person is enough to scare me off of it ( not that I was interested in it anyway )

Owner says it does run and drive , so thats a bonus. I would give serious thoughts just clean it up and just drive the snot out of it for a year or 2, then decide on HOW or IF to procede with a restoration or not

I know of a couple hemi 67 GTXs sold in the last year or so via private sale , none over 100k both decent cars needing some work. I also know of at least one clone 67 GTX hemi auto sold in the upper 50s ,
Auctions cars were a much different story, with SEVERAL well over 100k .

So deep down, IF the car can be bought for something in the 50s . It Might not be a bad buy, keeping in mind real deal 4spd hemi GTXs dont grow on trees

So deep down, IF the car can be bought for something in the 50s . It Might not be a bad buy, keeping in mind real deal 4spd hemi GTXs dont grow on trees
Some pretty lofty expectations on the last real cars that aren't restored yet.
I agree, the tree grew its last branch 57 years ago

Not my pic. But it shows whats possible for sure.

I will be at the BJ auctions later this month and taking a look at the two avail is on my list.

HEMI-GTX-AUCTIONS.jpg

I didn’t think much of the cracking around the fuel filler as the picture of the inner wall of the trunk looks good. But I do see some rust throughs around the wheel wells. Basically it needs everything though.

AMD is making some nice stuff for the *** end of these cars........ previously, piecing these together with 4 door parts and home made patches made it totally not worth it

AMD is making some nice stuff for the *** end of these cars........ previously, piecing these together with 4 door parts and home made patches made it totally not worth it
Have you ever had your hands on the Joe Phillips stuff?

20231002_171512.jpg

This car had his lowers put on.. which doesn't mean much lol, but I guess the body shop liked them

Current "Mopar" guys are spoiled. I see a car I would drive, fix up the interior, drive and collect some body parts for while planning a body job later on. Just like we did 40 years ago. A lot of guys want to pay $50k for a project, immediately tear it down and build it into a show winner/garage queen, We all that if you want a garage queen, just go and buy it, it'll be cheaper in the end. Other opinions will vary.

Not my pic. But it shows whats possible for sure.

I will be at the BJ auctions later this month and taking a look at the two avail is on my list.

View attachment 1585561
Sorry, maybe it’s just me. - but way in excess of a $100k for a 67 - Not on my watch. 68, 69 hmmmm but a 67 couldn’t do it with someone else’s money ….

BTW - I’m not saying they’re not sweet cars, because they are but if you pay that for 67 - what in the heck would you pay for a 68 or 69 or even a 70?

Some of us - a minority admittedly - prefer the 66/67 cars to the later models for reasons I won’t go into because I don’t want to start a pissing contest. I know we are out numbered.

Some of us - a minority admittedly - prefer the 66/67 cars to the later models for reasons I won’t go into because I don’t want to start a pissing contest. I know we are out numbered.
Have to agree. I saw the question come up, what would you pay for a 68,69,70?
I guess you'd have want one first.

Auto Transport Service
Back