• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 charger factory a/c txv

Thanks a bunch, that is actualy my doing :) unfortunately, the clutch gave way (cable snapped at the base), changed it with a spare I had, which turned white after half an hour, trying to turn the almost seizing ebay rv2 which was supposed to be rebuilt. Have to find a good source for a compressor

!!! Oy. Almost every service manual from the late 60's through he early 70's has the procedure for making a RV2 dipstick for the oil level. If the system is open - free of pressure already, it's a no brainer. Small 1/8" NPT pipe plug on the pass side of the compressor. Use Ester oil, as it is compatible with the old mineral oil and new 134a. Readily available at most auto part stores.

Thanks a bunch, that is actualy my doing :) unfortunately, the clutch gave way (cable snapped at the base), changed it with a spare I had, which turned white after half an hour, trying to turn the almost seizing ebay rv2 which was supposed to be rebuilt. Have to find a good source for a compressor
The Chrysler V-2 compressor has a small gear type oil pump, crankshaft driven and noted, IF THE SYSTEM IS OPEN, the oil level can be easily checked. The entire system only holds 11 -.12 oz of lubrican....polyol ester .remember that the oil moves thru the system when in operation. Also remember, if converting to R-134A FROM Freon 12, to REMOVE THE EPR VALVE in the compressor 's suction inlet connection. Search EBay or the Mopar sites for V-2 rebuild kits.....remember to change shaft seal.
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back