• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger 500 production models

undrtkr

Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
Silly question but was there ever a 69 Charger 500 R/T SE ever produced ? I've see a 500 SE. I've seen a R/T SE, but wondered if a 500 R/T SE was ever produced?

Silly question but was there ever a 69 Charger 500 R/T SE ever produced ? I've see a 500 SE. I've seen a R/T SE, but wondered if a 500 R/T SE was ever produced?

In 1969......
R/T, yes
R/T SE, yes
500, yes
500 SE, yes
500 R/T or 500 R/T SE , no such designation.

All 69 charger 500s were based on charger r/t's,that is why they only came with 440 or Hemi.even though they don't have r/t emblems on the they were r/t's.

All 69 charger 500s were based on charger r/t's,that is why they only came with 440 or Hemi.even though they don't have r/t emblems on the they were r/t's.

yes, all 69 500's were made from real R/T's, but all the R/T badges were removed for the conversion

The 500 designation was to mean 500 cars built, but something tells me that they made 392(?). I have no idea how many are left. They are a rare & unique car, but the simple fact is that a "standard" Charger R/T is a far better looking car.

Funny stuff. Simple and standard, are just that.

The 500 designation was to mean 500 cars built, but something tells me that they made 392(?). I have no idea how many are left. They are a rare & unique car, but the simple fact is that a "standard" Charger R/T is a far better looking car.
Sorry RC.....i love the roof plug roofline & short deck lid far more.
Thats what makes horse races...difference in opinion.....i'd love to have a 69 500 with an aluminum cammer small block.
The 500 was a run of 500 cars in 69 to homologate for NASCAR.....why there's only 392 ive no answer.....i dont know mopah history near as well as You, but i do know what homologation is......certain amount of production cars must be built for a certain car to qualify for certain classes. With the Shelby GT-350 it was 100 units.

I said that I think the regular Charger was a far better looking car, but I didn't say that I didn't like the 500's. :D

"But somewhere along the line, Dodge either lost interest in building the street cars or someone noticed that France wasn't counting how many cars were actually being built. Most agree that only 392 Charger 500s were built and sold to the public."

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/a29285/dodge-charger-500-nascar-history/
France threw me for a sec, then i realized You mean Dick(the dick)Franz...lol.

I said that I think the regular Charger was a far better looking car, but I didn't say that I didn't like the 500's. :D

"But somewhere along the line, Dodge either lost interest in building the street cars or someone noticed that France wasn't counting how many cars were actually being built. Most agree that only 392 Charger 500s were built and sold to the public."

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/a29285/dodge-charger-500-nascar-history/
I stand corrected.....Bill not Dick, but i really thought that Franz were his last name.

Wow, im misfiring...my bad....not Franz......Bill France.

The local legend about the 392 cars, was the nascar people went to lunch with the Chrysler execs....got trashed, and were shown many cars over again. That was also why they were rumored to have built more than 500 Daytonas.

Yup. Somewhere, I have a Polaroid photo of a lot full of wings, all in the old "Dodge-Main" lot. There was so much cool **** around Detroit to see.

I read that the winged cars weren't exactly hot moving items for the dealers........the irony, now that the hemis done right jump a Mil..lol.

Yup. Somewhere, I have a Polaroid photo of a lot full of wings, all in the old "Dodge-Main" lot. There was so much cool **** around Detroit to see.

th

Auto Transport Service
Back