• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 lynch road fender tag decode

Rd 92 west

Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
I am hopefull someone can decode this tag. I have figured out its a 383 four barrel and air grabber, and F8 paint.
Any assistance would be appreciated
20230906_205614.jpg

Lynch road tags don’t tell you too much. The whole top row is production information for gate number, sequence number and vin number.

926 593 93 are for info regarding radiator size, differential gears and or sure grip and I think 63 is trans info.

w2g f8 and 7w are interior colour and style codes.

f8 f8 exterior paint codes

e63 motor, d32 trans, 506 production date, bnumber I think is order info

Is it possible to determine if it originally was bench or bucket seats?

7W is white pin stripe, N96 is fresh air hood. D32 is auto trans. H2G is your interior code, I don't have my book in front of me at the moment, but that will tell you bench or bucket.

926 593 93 are for info regarding radiator size, differential gears and or sure grip and I think 63 is trans info.

926= Engine assembly = 383-4bbl For a B body with automatic transmission. Rated at 335 horse and painted orange.
593 = rear axle assembly = B body with 8.75 axle; 3.23 gears. No Sure grip. 11" drum brakes.
93 = last two digits of the part number for the applicable automatic transmission = 28920093. Some LR tags show the full 093 coding. Some show only the 93.

A green one. I think a hardtop automatically got the upgrade bench style. A sedan could have either the taxicab bench or the upgrade. So, column shift for the 727.
A 69 lynch road tag would show a "26" if it needs the big radiator. No 26, it gets a 22" core and core support.

Last edited:
If that's W2G, it's a white & green interior, which could be the Decor bench or buckets.
If it's H2G, that's all green, and the Decor bench.
But for '69s, the UDF with white door cards, armrests & seats would be white; '68s would be green UDF.
That 3rd F8 indicates UDF, IIRC.
Bucket cars of course had 4 more holes in the floor for the inner seat tracks, but a lot can happen in 50+ years.

I'm
If that's W2G, it's a white & green interior, which could be the Decor bench or buckets.
If it's H2G, that's all green, and the Decor bench.
But for '69s, the UDF with white door cards, armrests & seats would be white; '68s would be green UDF.
That 3rd F8 indicates UDF, IIRC.
Bucket cars of course had 4 more holes in the floor for the inner seat tracks, but a lot can happen in 50+ years.
Pretty sure that is H2G. If you compare to the W in the W7 just above it, definitely two different shapes. Green deluxe bench, cause it's a hardtop.

I have never heard of a W trim grade in 1969. In any case it is the number in the middle that determines the seat type.

Yeah, I've never seen an interior trim code starting with a W; was keying off possible colors and fell down the rabbit hole, haha.
I'd also bet on H2G, as I think I suggested.
Back in the mid-'80s, I looked at a red '69 RR HT that seemed very original, yet it had the base interior in black.
That's always mystified me, but I suppose it must have been changed for some reason.

Yeah, I've never seen an interior trim code starting with a W; was keying off possible colors and fell down the rabbit hole, haha.
I'd also bet on H2G, as I think I suggested.
Back in the mid-'80s, I looked at a red '69 RR HT that seemed very original, yet it had the base interior in black.
That's always mystified me, but I suppose it must have been changed for some reason.
Maybe originally red, new owner wanted something different? Or maybe just an assembly line goof? Stranger things.......

Auto Transport Service
Back