• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger rust free fenders & hood "What If ?"

6pktgo

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:34 PM
Reaction score
I have a pair of 70 Charger , rust free fenders & a hood , that I've been hanging onto for a very long time because of "What if ?"
Does anyone else have this " What if ? " fear ?
My life has been taking a different direction in the last year or so & I was wondering if I should just sell these & move on ?

Do NOT scrap those. They will sell. If you decide to sell them, post a thread here in the proper forum and if they are priced fair, they will sell.

Put them up for sale. You'll get more money for them than whoever inherits the parts.

I have four 70 Chargers and four 71 Chargers,I keep a pair of fenders and a hood for each on the shelf.

I have a pair of 70 Charger , rust free fenders & a hood , that I've been hanging onto for a very long time because of "What if ?"
Does anyone else have this " What if ? " fear ?
My life has been taking a different direction in the last year or so & I was wondering if I should just sell these & move on ?
How much are you asking for them ... ?

Reeling in fish.gif

I raised this question last year when I acquired a nice stash of spare parts with the '69 GTX I purchased. I sold some, but kept most. The key to my decision, was the fact that I'm still driving the car. Most of the pieces would be nearly impossible to find in their current condition if I ever needed them for repair work. However, I do intend to sell the whole package, including the car, if I ever get an indication that my driving days are ending.

If you drive a car that parts are made of unobtainium and you have spares I think it's very smart to keep them.

If your life is taking a different direction and you don't feel you will need them or it's because the funds are needed I would sell them.
I had a pair of good 72 Charger fenders that I let go way to cheap and regret that; didn't really have the space for them.
Wish I had kept them as spares like my hideaway headlight sets.

I do. I have a bunch of 70 parts including fenders and hood but no 70 charger. I've got a 68 body with no fenders or hood I've considered making a Daytona clone but have since leaned away from that a bit. Doesn't cost me much to keep them and buying 68 parts is a drop in the bucket compared to needing the 70 parts if I stumbled into one.

If you need to sell them, you should not have any trouble finding them a new home. But if your like me, within 6 months of getting rid of them, your going to need them! I cant tell you how many times I have done this to myself!!

My advice to the OP is that if you are going to sell the car,then sell off the extra fenders,hood and other spare parts, but if you are keeping the car, then hang onto them. People are asking $2500 to $4000 a piece for 70 Charger fenders these days,and a grand plus for hoods. You will pay crazy insane money for those parts should you ever need them.

My opinion:
It seems that some threads like these get moved or closed too quickly.
I understand the reasoning. The moderators want to get ahead of a thread that could evolve to a SALE topic before it gets there.
That is part of what confuses me. There must be something, an unwritten or undisclosed regulation that specifically prohibits sales ads from being posted in a general discussion section. Maybe it is some regulation that I/we just don't know of?
There are instances where a person like the OP is at a crossroads and isn't sure of what to do. It is a gray area that doesn't fit into the confines of a sales ad or a "look at what I did with my car" thread.
It has taken ME awhile to catch on but hey...what is wrong with just scrolling past what you don't like?

My opinion:
It seems that some threads like these get moved or closed too quickly.
I understand the reasoning. The moderators want to get ahead of a thread that could evolve to a SALE topic before it gets there.
That is part of what confuses me. There must be something, an unwritten or undisclosed regulation that specifically prohibits sales ads from being posted in a general discussion section. Maybe it is some regulation that I/we just don't know of?
There are instances where a person like the OP is at a crossroads and isn't sure of what to do. It is a gray area that doesn't fit into the confines of a sales ad or a "look at what I did with my car" thread.
It has taken ME awhile to catch on but hey...what is wrong with just scrolling past what you don't like?
HUH!!?? Same reason why political comments ain't allowed in the for sale forums or any forum besides the PF. The gray area turns black when the thread turns into a for sale thread and lots of times it's the same members that turn it into that.

HUH!!?? Same reason why political comments ain't allowed in the for sale forums or any forum besides the PF. The gray area turns black when the thread turns into a for sale thread and lots of times it's the same members that turn it into that.
As a regular member, I'm not privy to all the nuts and bolts that a site owner deals with. Sometimes even moderators are not told.
I have seen some comments about how nudity and adult content is frowned upon in the general forum and I read that it was based on decency issues with google or some other governing force. I'm not complaining, I'm just repeating what I have read.
I thought that there may be some statute or regulation that requires a site to keep certain content separate from other topics.
If I'm wrong about that, understand that no offense is meant by it.
My underlying point is one that has hit close to home so I understand the feeling.
There are times where people are not sure of which direction they want to go and they are looking for a gentle nudge to help them decide.
Yes, there are those that DO post stuff like this and are casually testing the waters to see if someone will buy. I support the decision to shut those threads down because the OP is being dishonest about his intentions.
There are also instances where people are honest and just unsure about what to do.
Maybe it is hard for the moderators to determine which is which so they often just dump the thread.
The only thing that Moparts ever did right was to have their WIW forum. What It's Worth. It is a forum specifically for these situations.

This thread didn't start out, or turn into, a WIW thread because '70 Charger guys already know what the parts sell for and the rest of the great unwashed (don't own a 2nd gen Charger) are too cheap to buy good parts; and would complain about shipping and the method of payment. :screwy:

:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back