• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 FY1 Super Bee resto

Bananna Bee

Local time
3:48 PM
Reaction score
Restoring my 1970 FY1, 440 6 pack Bee....thought I would post some photos in my gallery of how it was found, after chemical dipping, body painted and now finally off the rotisserie.

Attachments

• MVC-003X.jpg
    MVC-003X.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 328
  • MVC-006X.jpg
    MVC-006X.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 309
  • MVC-001X.jpg
    MVC-001X.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 310
  • MVC-007X.jpg
    MVC-007X.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 309
  • MVC-005X.jpg
    MVC-005X.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 288
  • MVC-009X.jpg
    MVC-009X.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 294
  • Mvc-026x.jpg
    Mvc-026x.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 293
Nine years quick1...lol The car was on the rotisserie untouched for seven years. Got re-motivated to get it finished.

good luck with the project !
FY1 yellow with black looks great on a Bee even though I am usally not fancy off yellow

Carsten

How I spent Christmas and New Years.

image.jpgWet sanding, buffing, image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgEngine installimage.jpgimage.jpgBuilding the Danaimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Glad to read your back at it. Thanks for posting up pics, its looking great! Getting them in paint is a good turning point.

Looking really good hope it gets finished soon going to be a gorgeous car

Very nice! I love the 70 model. Have any extra front fenders?

good job....not for the faint of heart. I ran out of time and patience to go that far.....

Im glad to see you are back at it. Great job. You may have given me the motivation to get back to work on my 70 Bee. Ive been buying parts but they aren't doing me any good still sitting in their boxes. Seeing yours makes me want to get back to work on mine.

Sorry, no extra fenders. Hard to find from what I hear and not cheap either

- - - Updated - - -

Here are a few more to motivate you! Like you I gave had parts sitting for several years and simply re-focused my efforts, especially in winter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 183
Looks like a busy and fun winter ahead. Congrats on pulling the car together after all those years....motivation is the key. The more projects I see coming together here, the more I want to start another car :headbang:

Looks like you're making great progress. I'll definitely follow your build.

Dash and doors painted

Making progress, dash blasted, painted along with doors.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

looking very good thanks for all the updates :headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back