• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 70 Road Runner non AC Heater Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkRod

Formerly hsorman
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Original heater box as taken off of my 1970 Road Runner when I restored it. About 82,000 miles showing on car when this was pulled off. Car was a running, driving car when the restoration was started.

The Good: No cracks or damage to plastic parts. Blower motor resistors are fine and blower has been tested and works fine.

The Bad: Unfortunately, the car sat in a barn for many years, then went outside for about a year. Mice made nests inside the heater box so it has some rust and damage from the seating material that was packed into the box from the little critters. This got damp and it rusted sections of the box. The flap/baffle control that opens/closes the passenger fresh air is rusted and needs replacement.

This box definitely needs a restoration.

Pick up at my house in Lansdale, PA, or I will deliver to Chrysler's at Carlisle Friday or Saturday. I will not ship this part.

Price $80. If you are a FBBO gold member then $70

Hawk
20190622_113827.jpg
20190622_113906.jpg
20190622_113912.jpg
20190622_114019.jpg
20190622_114104.jpg
20190622_114249.jpg
20190622_114324.jpg

Here is rusted flap for passenger fresh air.
20190622_113811.jpg

Hi, I am overseas buyer. Just wondering if there is vendor in Carlisle, that is making restorations for these boxes? I would like to buy this, if you just take care of delivery to Carlisle and suitable vendor.

Thanks! Pepe

Hi Pepe,

Thanks for the interest in the part. I am not personally familiar with a vendor that does these types of restorations, but if you or someone from FBBO can recommend someone, I can certainly drop it off to any vendor at Carlisle.

Hawk

Hi, I am overseas buyer. Just wondering if there is vendor in Carlisle, that is making restorations for these boxes? I would like to buy this, if you just take care of delivery to Carlisle and suitable vendor.

Thanks! Pepe

Are you wanting a kit to restore the box yourself?
If so look up Detroit Muscle Technologies.

Someone is trying to sell a refurbished box on the next page of this forum if you want a finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back