• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Road Runner project

Just received w shaped window felts for front of door windows from restoration specialties, fast and in stock but $154.00 , pricy for such pieces. Picture of original

16807436699932489041766739318809.jpg

Scored got a seat back and hinge cover passengers side $145 shipped.Now I need to find drivers side.

20230427_143120.jpg

Congratulations on the progress.
I'm awed by, respectful of, and appreciate the efforts and cost that goes into "factory correct or original" restoration. There are 2 brothers I know in my area who have 1970 Roadrunners, and BOTH cars were flooded over their roofs in Katrina.
BOTH cars have been restored to better than factory new, and have all of the "correct" things, with the one exception that one car has a 426 Hemi and was a 383 car, but it has "all the Hemi stuff" .
My 70 V-code Roadrunner isn't numbers matching and I'm GLAD. I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it if it was, and I never intended to keep it stock.
This seat part is a good example of how much "easier" I have it. For the cost of the posted part, that amount paid for almost an entire seat, that has slots for a racing harness I'll need, and is yellow and black like my car.
God bless those who restore to "factory". You have more patience and money than I.

Congratulations on the progress.
I'm awed by, respectful of, and appreciate the efforts and cost that goes into "factory correct or original" restoration. There are 2 brothers I know in my area who have 1970 Roadrunners, and BOTH cars were flooded over their roofs in Katrina.
BOTH cars have been restored to better than factory new, and have all of the "correct" things, with the one exception that one car has a 426 Hemi and was a 383 car, but it has "all the Hemi stuff" .
My 70 V-code Roadrunner isn't numbers matching and I'm GLAD. I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it if it was, and I never intended to keep it stock.
This seat part is a good example of how much "easier" I have it. For the cost of the posted part, that amount paid for almost an entire seat, that has slots for a racing harness I'll need, and is yellow and black like my car.
God bless those who restore to "factory". You have more patience and money than I.
You need to look a little closer to my post from the start it's not anything close to a stock build.

You need to look a little closer to my post from the start it's not anything close to a stock build.
Apologies! I certainly will do that this weekend!
I guess I was caught up in making a point, but I didn't mean to use your build as a direct example. My post was intended to be complementary.

Not offended, just not for me either to do a total restoration, more of a hotrod style.

It's a good day my Legendary seat covers arrived that I ordered, at Carlisle last summer

20230502_164000.jpg

my Legendary seat covers arrived that I ordered, at Carlisle last summer
WOW!
First and foremost, congratulations and I'm happy for you!
Almost a YEAR for seat covers!
I have been involved in putting together a stroker build with aftermarket...everything...and I can't even come up with a word or descriptive phrase that can encompass the frustration, disappointment, anger, and sadness..well, I guess that's a start, for the out of stocks, no longer available, "we don't do that anymore"...Even things you never looked for or ordered ahead of time because there were usually plenty on the shelf, "ready to ship" have been hard to get.
I'll leave it at that.

WOW!
First and foremost, congratulations and I'm happy for you!
Almost a YEAR for seat covers!
I have been involved in putting together a stroker build with aftermarket...everything...and I can't even come up with a word or descriptive phrase that can encompass the frustration, disappointment, anger, and sadness..well, I guess that's a start, for the out of stocks, no longer available, "we don't do that anymore"...Even things you never looked for or ordered ahead of time because there were usually plenty on the shelf, "ready to ship" have been hard to get.
I'll leave it at that.
Yeah it's crazy if didn't have half decent seats I might have went a different way but I do like the look of the bucket seats, I think I have most of the stuff that's hard to get, just need to get the thing together.

Where is the top portion of your core support? Probably should have welded one back in before paint?
It was cut and a bolt in section was fabbed, maybe to make engine changes easier it was built with racing it in mind, by the previous owner, not factory build. Some of the older pictures showed it.

Painted! Hood stripe and side scoops which he forgot and final sanding and buff,supposed to be able to pick up end of the week! IT looks orange pictures but it is red in person, which is what I wanted, a little deeper red would have been better but finally out of paint jail. 3 1/2 years. Reassemble and drive.

View attachment 1443239

View attachment 1443240

View attachment 1443241
Well I thought I would have my car now but can't seem to get the hood stripe laid onto the car, so I can pick it up, so close but not done. Arrrgh! , I want to get it home so I can get it done and on the road!

Yes!! I used a spray can of Blue Magic Carpet Stain and Spot Lifter that someone at O'Reilly Auto Parts recommended, and it worked VERY well! I was dealing with stains from the WORST oil, axle grease, rear diff oil, and decades of "mechanics shop floor funk".
The only "trick" to using the Blue Magic is also in the directions IIRC, and that is to have a towel/rag/or similar to sop up or absorb the dirty wet areas as you use the product. Otherwise it "moves" the oil and grease to a ring or edge of the area being cleaned.
Don't mistake that as a problem, I don't think I'd use anything else! It works great!
View attachment 1443481
Bought some my wife cleaned a spot on a carpet, works well.

Last edited:
Now he said he was done great when can I pick up my car crickets and now he finally gets back with me and says he is going to be gone for 2 weeks unbelievable!

Now he said he was done great when can I pick up my car crickets and now he finally gets back with me and says he is going to be gone for 2 weeks unbelievable!
:BangHead::poke::mad:
In 15 days from that call I'd want to be at his shop.

Painted! Hood stripe and side scoops which he forgot and final sanding and buff,supposed to be able to pick up end of the week! IT looks orange pictures but it is red in person, which is what I wanted, a little deeper red would have been better but finally out of paint jail. 3 1/2 years. Reassemble and drive.

View attachment 1443239

View attachment 1443240

View attachment 1443241
Looks great, once you get it put together and outside I think it will look fine. My favorite red is the old Viper Red, I painted my buddies Duster that color and it really stands out.

Looks great, once you get it put together and outside I think it will look fine. My favorite red is the old Viper Red, I painted my buddies Duster that color and it really stands out.
Thanks so much, it's actually not as dark as I wanted but, no way I would have it changed after this long.

Well I picked my car up finally from the painter ,he hasn't done anything new since March ,so many lies ,never put on side louvers or hood stripe, still needs buffed properly, arrrgh. I will have to get someone else to finish, he didn't even show up when I came to get it ,sent a friend to help me load it up. True jerk.

20230726_174902.jpg

20230726_152234.jpg

20230726_152222.jpg

20230726_152158.jpg

Looks good for what is done. Yeah, the industry disappointment these days is unbelievable.

Well I picked my car up finally from the painter ,he hasn't done anything new since March ,so many lies ,never put on side louvers or hood stripe, still needs buffed properly, arrrgh. I will have to get someone else to finish, he didn't even show up when I came to get it ,sent a friend to help me load it up. True jerk.

View attachment 1500345

View attachment 1500346

View attachment 1500347

View attachment 1500348
Not to be a wise guy, it's painted. I'm sure you have many legitimate complaints better to get it with paint than without.

Auto Transport Service
Back