• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Road Runner wiper linkage

retiredguy

Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
Question.. Changed wiper motor from 2 speed to 3 speed and the crank arm off the motor seems off. Are there many different arms or are all 3 speed crank arms the same for all mopar body types? Seems to be a number of different part numbers on arms for 3 speed for sale on e-bay but all look the same.

2 speed and 3 speed arms are different

I've also noticed that B-body 3-speed arms are different from C-body 3-speed arms. I'm talking about the first little 4" long piece that bolts onto the wiper motor inside the cowel....the "crank arm" for lack of a better name.

Hope this helps.....my car is OEM 3-speed wipers and my motor burned out MANY years ago. I found a salvage yard 3-speed motor in a C-body, but it wouldn't bolt up to the "crank arm". It is attached like a "square" with one side of that square rounded out (so the "crank arm" only bolts up one way) where that hard-to-get-to nut is on the back of the motor. I took a rat-tail file to my Road Runner's "crank arm" and rounded off the opposite side of the square (I now have two rounded off sides). Now I can use EITHER a B-body or a C-body 3-speed wiper motor.

I'm not sure if your situation is similar (I've never had a 2-speed wiper motor), but I hope this helps.

Auto Transport Service
Back