• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 GTX owner from Germany

1998_CC2

Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
I like to say hi !
I'm reading on this side for a couple of years now.
Due to the fact that I didn't owned a b-body, I didn't had something to write ;-) !

But since last year, I own a 71 GTX.
And I recently started working on it.

The body is currently complete empty and I also scraped of any undercoating and paint from the outside. Thursday I drove her over the the media blasting company - so in a couple of weeks I will have her back completely raw metal ...
Luckily, there is not so much rust on her body ... but I plan to convert her to a pro-touring theme ... combined with some german engineering :-D ...

For now, enjoy some pictures !

Thanks,
Alex
IMG_0453.jpg
IMG_1568.jpg
IMG_1787.jpg
IMG_1799.jpg
IMG_3214.jpg
IMG_3884.jpg
IMG_5110.jpg
IMG_5236.jpg
IMG_7049.jpg
IMG_8952.jpg

Willkommen aus Iowa

In the top picture what is the car in the background?

What part of Deutschland, are you from?
I would love to visit.

What part of Deutschland, are you from?
I would love to visit.
The western part, between Cologne and Düsseldorf - close to the Rhine river.
Within a hour I can be in The Netherlands, Belgium and France ...

If you ever decide to visit this area, we always have a bed for car ethusiasts :) !

welcome from the shore of jersey
nice a goldie that looks pretty clean
it looks like you have a good foundation to start with.

Welcome from Sweden, I have one daugther in Amsterdam and it's just a question of time and I have another one i Frankfurt.

Welcome .are you staying with the original color? Here's mine. I painted it the original color because I never seen any others in that color. Now I probably see more gold 71 GTX's than any other color.

IMG_0003.JPG

Welcome. Love the 71 Herlitz-Designed cars! History on the car?

welcome from the shore of jersey
nice a goldie that looks pretty clean
it looks like you have a good foundation to start with.
Thanks,
Yes the foundation could be worse.
A couple of years back, I restored a 67 Mustang Fastback and replaced at least 80% of the body panels.

Welcome from Sweden, I have one daugther in Amsterdam and it's just a question of time and I have another one i Frankfurt.
Thanks,
I have also family in Amaterdam - nice city !

Thanks,
WOW - two ...

Welcome .are you staying with the original color? Here's mine. I painted it the original color because I never seen any others in that color. Now I probably see more gold 71 GTX's than any other color.

View attachment 393177
Thanks,
I'm not sure ... the color will be probably decided when the body is staying in the paint booth ... :-D

Welcome. Love the 71 Herlitz-Designed cars! History on the car?
Thanks,
Unfortunately I do not know much ...
The car stayed for the last 9 years.
It is in Europe for quite a bit, Belgium and The Netherlands is confirmed, maybe before that Sweden and UK - but not sure.
I do not have a build sheet or fender tag.
I hoped to find one during the disassembly - but nothing ;-( ...

Welcome to FBBO from New Zealand. :thumbsup:
Thanks,
WOW - this is far away ;-) ...

Auto Transport Service
Back