• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73-74 Charger Front Door Lower Trim Panel Sheen?

garyinmich

Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
Anyone out there know if original front door plastic lower trim panels had a Glossy or Flat sheen?

It is actually more of a semi-gloss. Satin is a bit more toward the mat finish. That is why I'd call it semi-gloss When I changed colors from gold to black I ended up spraying a cover coat of Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric Specialty Coating (mat black) followed by a light coat of the gloss. Used their Adhesion Promoter as the foundation. Here is how things look.

Painted Parts 3.JPG
Before and After.JPG

Last edited:
It is actually more of a semi-gloss. Satin is a bit more toward the mat finish. That is why I'd call it semi-gloss When I changed colors from gold to black I ended up spraying a cover coat of Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric Specialty Coating (mat black) followed by a light coat of the gloss. Used their Adhesion Promoter as the foundation. Here is how things look.

View attachment 1652427 View attachment 1652429
Thanks. I used a Satin and thought it looked a little too shiny, maybe not.

Semi Gloss and have seen a few in Gloss.

Auto Transport Service
Back