• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Satellite/RR window fasteners

aknotts

Local time
11:02 AM
Reaction score
After 6 years I am finally ready to re-install the side windows in a 1973 Satellite. I have searched the entire internet, yes all of it, and no one has any parts listed for the 1973-1974 B body window Hardware kits. I can not even find them listed individually. I do not know what they are called but here is a pic of them. I would like a complete "kit" with all the fasteners but these are what I absolutely need. Anyone know where I might find them.
Not sure how to insert the pics inline here so they are attached, I think.

20171003_172528.jpg 20171003_172542.jpg 20171003_172550.jpg

After 6 years I am finally ready to re-install the side windows in a 1973 Satellite. I have searched the entire internet, yes all of it, and no one has any parts listed for the 1973-1974 B body window Hardware kits. I can not even find them listed individually. I do not know what they are called but here is a pic of them. I would like a complete "kit" with all the fasteners but these are what I absolutely need. Anyone know where I might find them.
Not sure how to insert the pics inline here so they are attached, I think.

View attachment 522140 View attachment 522141 View attachment 522142
The 1973-74 E Body kit looks like it may be the same anyone know for sure?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-1974-E...Mopar-73-74-/192264117760?hash=item2cc3d59e00

the only place i saw with that kind of stuff was mega parts.
the door stuff they do sell isn't the greatest or exact to original.
another way is to keep your eye out for a cheap set of rotted doors.
that is how i gathered up enough parts to put my 71 doors back together.

I had the same problem about 5 years ago, so I went around to my local automotive glass shops, and finally found one that still had old stock, and the manager let me take the remainder of his stock, which was enough to replace all mine and have a couple of spares.

So you might check around your local area and see if you can find some.

I have a parts car, and it has the same issues with these parts, but I am always on the lookout for parts.

I had the same problem about 5 years ago, so I went around to my local automotive glass shops, and finally found one that still had old stock, and the manager let me take the remainder of his stock, which was enough to replace all mine and have a couple of spares.

So you might check around your local area and see if you can find some.
Good idea, I will have to try that. Thanks

They don't have anything listed for the 73-74 B body, and I looked through all the parts and nothing seems to match up except maybe a kit for the 71 Dodge demon.

They don't have anything listed for the 73-74 B body, and I looked through all the parts and nothing seems to match up except maybe a kit for the 71 Dodge demon.

they were the only place that even had those kind of parts as
i have checked with a bunch of different vendors looking for that kind of stuff before.
i will tell you the kits they sell are cheap and some parts that are metal come in plastic..
i needed a plastic stop that screws into the glass and it was in of one of their kits.
it annoyed me having to buy a whole kit for one small piece.

that metal screw and plate you could clean up and reuse no problem by tumbling them.
that plastic part is what you really need.
if you have no luck with the demon stuff
check with some guys parting some 73 b's on this site
sometimes the only way to finding this stuff is to source out something original
as i have been down this road a few times before.

OK this is the kit I ordered, the parts I needed, see pic earlier in thread, were exactly the same. As a bonus the Up stops were also the same and will be used. The rollers are different but I did not need them anyway. The Parts also seem to be of descent quality, what should have been metal is metal and not plastic so I am satisfied.

Mopar 70 71 Duster 71 Demon Door Window Hardware Roller Service Kit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/221932907222

Thanks for everyones input, I hope this helps someone else in there search as well.

OK this is the kit I ordered, the parts I needed, see pic earlier in thread, were exactly the same. As a bonus the Up stops were also the same and will be used. The rollers are different but I did not need them anyway. The Parts also seem to be of descent quality, what should have been metal is metal and not plastic so I am satisfied.

Mopar 70 71 Duster 71 Demon Door Window Hardware Roller Service Kit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/221932907222

Thanks for everyones input, I hope this helps someone else in there search as well.

Any chance that you still have these mounting discs (see blue circle in pic below) for the glass not installed yet? If so can you possibly get close up pics of these? Both sides?
Thanks

zxcvbn.jpg

Here is what the original fastener looks like, its a two part clip. I got these from old stock at a local glass shop.
20171203_105645.jpg
20171203_105710.jpg
20171203_105815.jpg
20171203_105844.jpg
20171203_105925.jpg

Here is what it looks like together.
20171203_110602.jpg

Here is what the original fastener looks like, its a two part clip. I got these from old stock at a local glass shop.

Here is what it looks like together.

Thanks for the pics!! So are the ones in that kit similar to these?

Thanks for the pics!! So are the ones in that kit similar to these?
Hard to tell because the pictures is from above, so I cannot tell how they lock in place and if its like the original ones.

I just posted pictures of what the originals look like, so you can see what NOS ones look like so you have a reference if you buy reproductions.

Glad to see you found a match. Stuff like that it's always worth checking with R/T Specialties, too. Tom is sort of a one-man show, so you may have to try a little harder to get a hold of him than a place like Year One, but his knowledge and inventory (including trailers of NOS hardware) are worth the call.

Auto Transport Service
Back