• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a/c for a 65 dodge coronet?

mopar blood

Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
where to get an after market a/c system. i looked up vintage air and they have it from 66 and up. would this work on a 65?

I purchased a universal Vintage Air unit with defrost for my '64. Fits nicely behind the dash. Only problem is the AC and Heat lines need to enter from the right side. Will just require a little extra plumbing but nothing drastic.
IMG_5537a.jpg

Also used a Sanden compressor with a bracket from Bouchillon Performance that mounts the compressor where the PS pump normally goes. Did that to keep the upper part of the 440 clean and neat.

IMG_5293a.jpg

I'm currently finishing the AC and Heat lines but they'll take a couple weeks as I need to order some AN fittings and connectors.

I'm using the Haymaker from Restomod Air. Like Centerline, my plumbing will be routed between the inner and out fenders which was one of the requirements for me anyhow. I'm using a 70 k-frame in the car which moves things back and would hit the old expansion valve which was right in the middle just above the trans. Since the old unit had the blower motor die and the heater core start to seep, end of further discussion for it. That old unit is friggin heavy! For the compressor, I'm using a Sanden with the serpentine drive from Jerry at SD Concepts. On the HVAC box, I got an empty rental unit from Resto and fitted it up to the firewall. Ended up making some angled brackets to weld to the firewall and in turn mount the box to it. I plan on using their outlets in the dash, after punching in spots for them, since they have a plethora of styles to choose from.

IMG_1578.JPG IMG_1942.JPG IMG_1943.JPG IMG_1944.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back