• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Week Without A Cigarette-Nobody's In Danger. Yet.

It will be 3 years this Sept. for me :) I tried the patch crap and after one day pulled it off and said screw it and just manned up and quit no outside help. Hard? yes but tell yourself I have a mopar and there is more to do to it / with it than worry about smoking cigarettes. For the first few weeks I would have smoking dreams, it took about 6 months for the taste and smell to go away. Now I hate smoking I can walk by it and smell it no problem but I think to myself that guys smells like horse **** lol

When I see a group of guys standing around smoking I think to my self a herd of horse **** lmao Foul and stinky and does nothing but shorten your life. Good for you for quitting instead of thinking about it think about your mopar and all the things that you want to do with it or hell just go do a burn out before long you will realize the real reward for stress is good ole' fun

Wish you luck all the way Al!!! I haven't had one in two months myself, BUT... I still have my cigars which i thought would be easier to stop then the cigs, I was wrong so i to am getting ready to take the plunge of cold turkey. My doctor actually told me not to stop at this time because of things going on but, i need to do it so ill be thinking of you sir! and i agree with Prop, with me its having one in my mouth all the time, i don't really think its the nicotine as it is habit, why else would my wife find one at my desk one in the kitchen and ask me why im lighting another ( more then a couple times in truth), i don't think my body needed the nicotine as much as i just have a nerves bad habit...

Swear to god, nicotine has to be the most addictive substance on the planet. I quit cold turkey when I got out of the military after smoking for about 10 years. That was 40+ years ago. I still have dreams where I'm smoking and still get the same feeling. Crazy.
We're pulling for you Al.

Good Luck! You can do it. I quit jan 0f 2007 after smoking 30 years. If you like a beer or two be carefull that is what allways got me started again. I used the patches for less then a month but just threw them away and was grouchey and mean for a wile.

Good luck Al! I quit smoking everything at the end of last year and feel a lot better for it. Bottom line is those things will kill you, you're smarter then that...

I quit a 100 times till the last time 25 years ago when I put a new pack of cigs in my work truck and one in my own so I would not panic
and I figured out that all it took was one to make you start the suffering to begin again so

resist the only one will not hurt and you will have it licked

also if some one was bugging me I just said " I quit smoking so do not bug me " most people will back off

my wife did say later I was miserable and grouchy but all is good

good luck you will need it

Bruce

Two weeks and two days...So far,so good. Thanks for all the support;it is truly appreciated. Maybe this will motivate someone else to quit them as well.

Oh,I haven't put on a bunch of weight,either. One of my worries was that I might substitute food for cigs-hasn't happened. I figure the money I'll save will go into the car. Better choice,in my opinion.

You have made the hard part but do not let your guard down

good luck you will be happy in years to come

Congrats on the two weeks!! It's been 37 years since I quit and the only regret I have ever had is not saving the money I would have spent on smokes. Could have retired years ago!!! Good luck and keep the faith.

Damn 2+ weeks already, you've probably saved enough for almost a tank of high-test! Congrats and keep it up....

GOOD LUCK AL!!!!!

Best decision I ever made was giving them up. I'll speak from first had experience, give it two weeks and you feel better. You will breath better... food will taste great, and you will notice a lot more change in your pockets (i put it to my other addiction MOPARS). Stay strong!

Best wishes

Mike

Al , this going to be one of your hardest things you'll have to stick with so many started and didn't stick with I quit while in the service and stuck with it . omg_of_the_640_08[1].jpg

Good for you AL! I've never smoked and can't begin to imagine how hard it must be to quit, but my parents did and my grandmother quit cold turkey after 50 yrs! It can be done! Stay strong brother.

Good going Al, keep it up

Keep going Al!

I never smoked, but I drank for 25 years, almost every day.

I stopped a little while back, coming up on 7 weeks now. It wasn't like I was a piss tank drunk or anything, it's just that I wanted to try doing without it for a while and see if it's really anything I’d miss.

Coming up on 7 weeks, saving money, and not missing it at all. In fact I’ve lost over 10 pounds seemingly by accident and I'm getting a lot more work done on my road runner these days.

That's the best I can relate as far as personal experience with quitting an old habit.

As a side note, an uncle that is very dear to me is sitting at home right now at this very moment, unable to walk, slipping closer to death by the hour. Full of cancer, smoked for decades. He quite far too late in his life, no retirement years for him, no “golden years”. No more fishing trips, Harley rides, car shows, hunting trips, he’s done. It sucks bad.

Keep going man, do it for the ones that need you around in their lives.

Anybody can quit smoking, takes a real man to face lung cancer. That's what a friend told me 22 years ago when I quit.

Keep up the good work Al.

I smoked for 45 years and woke up one Sunday morning and decided to quit right then, cold turkey. That was 2 yrs ago and I could still smoke one right now but I am not giving in. You can do it Buddy!!

Auto Transport Service
Back