• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Actors you could never look at the same again...

I liked Anthony Hopkins in Worlds Fastest Indian but not much else of his. Probably one of the few actors that I still like no matter what they played is Clint Eastwood. But, as far as actors go.....eh, they are.....what can I say? Actors.

An actor/actress entertains me. An athlete entertains me. A musician entertains me. An organ-grinders monkey entertains me.

Speaking of Silence Of The lambs, the guy who played Buffalo Bill and the lady who was in the pit.
Ned Beatty when he was in Deliverance.
Look up the song Ned Beatty had the hardest part,a spoof of the Tom Petty song The Waiting is the Hardest Part. If you want a real good laugh!

requested exemption on family dependency.....
Yeah, read a lot about it too. Don’t remember anything about it when he was still alive; I was 23 when he died. Didn’t spend much time on news back then. His draft status did change during WWII and Hollywood moguls convinced the gov his war movies were great marketing to keep the guys coming of draft age going to war. Worked? I’d suppose it did while he got to play-act.

My dad was 24 when WWII broke, he was given a deferral cuz he was a T&D maker at a can plant, just the kind of skill to make ammo dies, talked into staying a civilian, reassigned to a munitions plant for the duration. He was drafted almost immediately when the war ended though. By the time he got home from his train ride back, was a quick homecoming, with a Western Union delivery notice before he finished unpacking his luggage. Went to Japan as part of the occupied-forces.

Though not old when compared to veterans, John Wayne was 33.5 years old on Dec. 7, 1941

Will Smith. :jackoff: I liked his character in the first couple of movies 'Men in Black'...but ever since these BLM actions and his pussy-whipping of Chris Rock's face with a limp-wristed slap on stage....that sealed my 'not interested in ever watching him again' mode.

Also...Ernest Borgnine. The Poseidon Adventure....what a load of crap. The only thing he did afterwards that I can stomach is his voicing of Mermaid Man on the SpongeBob Squarepants carton series. :lol:

Also...Ernest Borgnine. The Poseidon Adventure....what a load of crap. The only thing he did afterwards that I can stomach is his voicing of Mermaid Man on the SpongeBob Squarepants carton series. :lol:
1695786086624.png

Yeah, read a lot about it too. Don’t remember anything about it when he was still alive; I was 23 when he died. Didn’t spend much time on news back then. His draft status did change during WWII and Hollywood moguls convinced the gov his war movies were great marketing to keep the guys coming of draft age going to war. Worked? I’d suppose it did while he got to play-act.

My dad was 24 when WWII broke, he was given a deferral cuz he was a T&D maker at a can plant, just the kind of skill to make ammo dies, talked into staying a civilian, reassigned to a munitions plant for the duration. He was drafted almost immediately when the war ended though. By the time he got home from his train ride back, was a quick homecoming, with a Western Union delivery notice before he finished unpacking his luggage. Went to Japan as part of the occupied-forces.

To be fair - there are a lot of articles that speak on his actions well after the fact. Even though he didnt like to speak on the issue (I wonder why) he felt a huge urge to be very patriotic and supportive of the troops. I realize that goes some direction into fixing his past, we all make choices and sometimes they arent the best ones - we learn later on. I just find the whole thing kind of hard to stomach noting what others did in the war efforts - even if they didnt directly fight. My pops, a Vietnam Vet is a huge JW fan, and I dont really share my concerns with him. Its his perogative to like who he likes for any reason he wants.

As an avid bowhunter - Ted Nugent is another one, that I dont have a lot of regard for on several fronts. But his antics, which he admitted then denied, to dodge the draft are legendary if true. I realize Vietnam struck differently to many back then and I am sure plenty of shenanigans were enacted.

I enlisted in the Marines, but had a medical issue which kept me out. My brother is retired USAF.

Will Smith
Yeah, bet Will would like a do-over. Used to think he was an even-tempered, ample brains sort. Some **** people do can’t be forgotten, especially when it’s on video. Many examples of this with no shortage of dumb-asses, good number of them at celebrity award ceremonies.

I’m still trying to find out why Ernest Borgnine is so disliked here. Some people talking about JW not enlisting. I read that EB was discharged from military in 1941. After Pearl Harbor, he re-enlisted. I watched one of his early movies, Marty, thought it was pretty good. Anyway, carry on.

Auto Transport Service
Back