• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After a 20-year gap, a new Cordoba has adopted me...

KingCordoba

Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
It's been a long time, but it seems a 'new' Cordoba has adopted me. i'll have pictures next week... i've found a '76 with 42,000 original miles. Total cream puff. i was all ready to go to town on the '72 Polara, but i think i'm putting that project on hold for the moment... a 400, 4-bbl completely clean survivor with roughly the same number of miles as my 2008 Dakota...? i'm pulling the trigger on THIS one...

g'day from Australia :welcome:, don't forget to post up some pics
:xscuseless:

Pics,pics,pics. As a former 76 Cordoba owner bought new off the showroom floor congrats!

Thanks all, but i've been a member for awhile, just not too active since i've been 'between Mopars' so to speak... bit i'm going Monday to get a REAL good look at it on a lift. i'll bring the camera...

The rear quarters and wheel wells in the trunk were the worst places for rot. Check those carefully.

i've already looked. Rear quarters are flawless, but there is some surface rust under the trunk carpet at the edges. i'll be dealing with that first.

Here are the pictures of the overall appearance. There are a few areas will need to be addressed, but overall this is completely original, obviously kept inside and undercoated...

'76 Cordoba 001.JPG '76 Cordoba 005.JPG '76 Cordoba 006.JPG '76 Cordoba 007.JPG '76 Cordoba 008.JPG '76 Cordoba 014.JPG

i drove it today, and it's like a time machine. Ultra-smooth, no rattles, bangs or bumps. Front end is tight, this car was cared for. Secondaries work, everything works but the dash clock. None of the rust... what little there is... is through, although it'll have to be addressed early on. Shoot, i forgot to get a pic of the fender tag, but i wrote down all the codes if anyone is interested...

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

Great looking car - that's a cream puff for sure! Welcome and congratulations on a good score!

I had the 75 Charger that my sister bought new.
It was passed around the family and my son came home from the hospital in it 33 years ago.
I wish I still had it. Sold it to some young girl from intown in the 80s.
That's a nice car. Yep, very good ride.

Auto Transport Service
Back