• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD door and QTR glass - 70 B Body

wwheel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with AMD door and QTR glass. I have read plenty about the back glass.

I have a full set of glass from ECS that I bought new 4 years ago. Front and back glass are OK and made them work. The problem is the side glass. Too much curve on the door and qtr glass. Door glass wont fit into the front vent channel. If you force it, it is so tight it will not move. The qtr window is so far off you cannot get the adjustments anywhere near close enough. Way too far inward.

ECS claims they do not buy the glass from AMD but rather gets it overseas. They will replace what I have but they will still do a partial charge due to the time passed from the original order. I bought it early because I knew I would need it and didn't want to wait months for it come in. They won't get the replacement in for several months.

AMD appears to have in stock and thinking about using theirs and why I am asking for feedback. Yeah, I would take a hit but there is no guarantee that the replacement glass from ECS will be any better. Then where would I be?

Thanks for the feedback.

I used AMD quarter and door glass on my 69 Charger with no problems.

Thanks for the reply. If others have thoughts, I would appreciate it. I will lose some bucks with AMD but at least the project will move on and won't have to wait several months. Does the AMD have the logo or is it just plain?

Does anybody have experience with AMD door and QTR glass. I have read plenty about the back glass.

I have a full set of glass from ECS that I bought new 4 years ago. Front and back glass are OK and made them work. The problem is the side glass. Too much curve on the door and qtr glass. Door glass wont fit into the front vent channel. If you force it, it is so tight it will not move. The qtr window is so far off you cannot get the adjustments anywhere near close enough. Way too far inward.

ECS claims they do not buy the glass from AMD but rather gets it overseas. They will replace what I have but they will still do a partial charge due to the time passed from the original order. I bought it early because I knew I would need it and didn't want to wait months for it come in. They won't get the replacement in for several months.

AMD appears to have in stock and thinking about using theirs and why I am asking for feedback. Yeah, I would take a hit but there is no guarantee that the replacement glass from ECS will be any better. Then where would I be?

Thanks for the feedback.
I put AMD door and quarter glass in a 68 Plymouth Satellite and it fit just like original. No issues

Is there a "shelf life" for the glass ? Does it degrade with time? I mention this sarcastically, because nothing... nothing has changed since you got the glass. It doesn't fit now, it wouldn't have fit 4 years or 4 days ago. I call this BS by ECS... you claim to supply "correct" parts, yet apparently... NOT. So, all they are is a middleman for chinese crap.

The glass was obviously incorrect when it landed on my shelf four years ago. I had some glass that was from another car and was tinted, so I couldn't use it. But I compared the new glass to tinted ones and mainly focused on the outer shape not so much the curvature. My mistake there I guess. Four years later I am installing the new glass and find the issue. ECS is giving a very large discount but is not replacing because it is way past their "warranty" period. That sucks but what can I do. ECS says that they do not know if the replacement glass will be better until they get it, in which will be in a several months. I am not real confident with that answer. I am trying to weigh the options I have and why I am asking about the AMD. Pretty sure ECS glass is NOT from AMD and what they ECS sales guy said. Who knows.

Auto Transport Service
Back