• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another 69 Superbee brake question!

Moparredtn,
For what it is worth, EIS was the very very best -- the softest smoooooothest ++Asbestos ++ on the market.
What did EIS stand for --- Edwin Irving Schwartz ---
That was my Uncle Eddie....
And that is why smart people utilize my goodies....
I will never ever twist anybody's arm to force them to use Quality....
Smart people (like Rich Hourigan above & MANY MANY others) have been grabbing it for decades.....
All my cars have N.O.S. Asbestos , of course....

I have N.O.S. Asbestos in the Mopar World, the
G M world, the Ford world, and beyond ....
I am lucky to meet a lot of smart people !!!!!!!
Yours, Craig....
Are you saying that NOS Mopar stuff was made originally by EIS?

Moparedtn,
No, EIS never had the contract with Mopar & the Chrysler Corporation... That was Bendix forever.... That is why lots of times , you would see 2229191 Bendix on the bottom of a Master Cylinder, for example.
Bendix was taking credit for their product -- even though, technically " they were not supposed to " ......
But from the outfits that were the graders of the softness of asbestos shoes, for example, you will see on the side of the lining "EE" , "FE", And "FF".... That was from harder to softest...." "EE" being hardest and
"FF" being softest..... And, back in the day, way more
EIS linings would be rated "FF" than Bendix, and considerably more than Wagner and Raybestos...
In fact, two other private label brands were VERY good back in the day -- Gray Rock and Pennsylvania 500.... For so called private label --- their Quality was
Actually Outstanding !!!!!
This is the history of brake shoes ,-- it is pretty interesting, and your interest, shows that you are
Intelligent !!!!!!
Yours, Craig......

SuperbeeDave,
Well, I guess you are aware by now, as we all are, that the Mopar Nationals for 2020 has been cancelled.
Another one bites the dust --- they made their decision for me on whether to go or not to go....
It is now the end of July -- I have usually done 13 shows by now ---- and I have done 2... Yes , 2...
I wonder if I could use the $ 1200 stimulus check that I STILL don't have, and changed over to direct deposit 15 weeks ago, like they told us to do, for faster payment....
I guess the IRS wants me to put ketchup on my beige caps, for food.... But that is another story.......
So, if you want the Quality ++ N.O.S. ++ Asbestos....
We will have to use the Big Brown Truck......
Yours, Craig.....

SuperbeeDave,
Well, I guess you are aware by now, as we all are, that the Mopar Nationals for 2020 has been cancelled.
Another one bites the dust --- they made their decision for me on whether to go or not to go....
It is now the end of July -- I have usually done 13 shows by now ---- and I have done 2... Yes , 2...
I wonder if I could use the $ 1200 stimulus check that I STILL don't have, and changed over to direct deposit 15 weeks ago, like they told us to do, for faster payment....
I guess the IRS wants me to put ketchup on my beige caps, for food.... But that is another story.......
So, if you want the Quality ++ N.O.S. ++ Asbestos....
We will have to use the Big Brown Truck......
Yours, Craig.....
Yep! I got that one on Tuesday. I haven't been to a car show all year, Glad I bought a Harley late last year at least I have something to play with. The
Superbee has been down for weeks!

Auto Transport Service
Back