• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Superbird find

and a 68 shelby, what state were these treasures found?

Really wish they'd stop with this "found" nonsense. It was never lost, I've seen pictures of it going back a few years and based on the engine and shiny carbs was being worked on recently. It is a real bird....

Think its, mopars 5150 Troy pays these guys to drive and find all these cars. Good deal if i was younger. That’s him in the video.

VIN: RM23V0A167914

Screenshot_20231024-180929~2.png

Screenshot_20231024-180757~2.png

Screenshot_20231024-182211~2.png

South Dakota?

Last edited:
That's a South Carolina inspection sticker. I'm a SC lifer, and have acquired many of those in my days!
And here is the South Carolina license plate!

Screenshot_20231024-190429~3.png

MOPARS5150 posted MAR 8 AT 8:44 PM

Newly upholstered seats with the build sheet intact? I’m surprised they didn’t find a Picasso in the trunk too

Newly upholstered seats with the build sheet intact? I’m surprised they didn’t find a Picasso in the trunk too
Makes a man afraid to even know what it was bought for...... they probably stole it. It seems like only the flip-meisters get good deals on treasures like that. Just once I'd love to hear of some poor broke bastard scoring the car of his dreams for nearly nothing and know that it could never be bought again for any price!

Love when the low post Red X'rs drop by. Build sheet carefully placed in a newly upholstered rear seat to easily lift out for a video. Engine freshly refreshed... car was never lost!

Reality is that none of them are ever truly lost. Somebody always knew, it's just that once the info gets shared with those who seek to capitalize on it, they do, and the internet makes it national news. Now the stage is set for those who can afford to make bids for it go up against each other to be the next owner...... capitalism at its finest. My first car....69 Charger that I bought in 1982, is now "lost"...... to me, but it's likely that someone out there is driving it today, so it's not lost at all. I get bombarded with these "barn find" click bait things all the time.... it's literally insane to believe that all those cars were "lost". It's how the collectible car market keeps itself alive and fat in modern times.

Makes a man afraid to even know what it was bought for...... they probably stole it. It seems like only the flip-meisters get good deals on treasures like that. Just once I'd love to hear of some poor broke bastard scoring the car of his dreams for nearly nothing and know that it could never be bought again for any price!
Spend all of your days out looking and doing research and you might just find one. flip-meisters don't have these things just fall into their lap. Lots of time and energy and gas wasted checking them out. If they are lucky 1 out of 50 might end up being what the seller says it is. If you are a flipper you don't just do it for the money. It's the hunt that keeps you excited and going :)

Started life in FY1 (Lemon Twist) paint and V19 (Black vinyl roof material) top. Did anyone catch why the color change to special paint code 999 (recoded in 1972 to EB3, petty blue)?

Reality is that none of them are ever truly lost. Somebody always knew, it's just that once the info gets shared with those who seek to capitalize on it, they do, and the internet makes it national news. Now the stage is set for those who can afford to make bids for it go up against each other to be the next owner...... capitalism at its finest. My first car....69 Charger that I bought in 1982, is now "lost"...... to me, but it's likely that someone out there is driving it today, so it's not lost at all. I get bombarded with these "barn find" click bait things all the time.... it's literally insane to believe that all those cars were "lost". It's how the collectible car market keeps itself alive and fat in modern times.
Spend all of your days out looking and doing research and you might just find one. flip-meisters don't have these things just fall into their lap. Lots of time and energy and gas wasted checking them out. If they are lucky 1 out of 50 might end up being what the seller says it is. If you are a flipper you don't just do it for the money. It's the hunt that keeps you excited and going :)
I agree....I told my wife after I wrote that post that those people spend countless hours searching to find what VIN numbers are missing from registries and such, and that the thrill for them is just finding it, so I meant no disrespect to flippers...... I've done some flipping myself in my time.....I am a firm believer in capitalism!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back