• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antique Registration in Florida

Our local DMV has gotten a LOT friendlier lately.

I even got to set the weight in their books for a 67 Belvedere wagon, because they apparently don't have any in their system with a digital record.

FL taxes their vehicles by weight, but an antique tagged vehicle is excepted from that.

I was told nothing about mileage limits either.

The antique plate is cheaper to renew than a standard plate.

If you are using a YOM (year of manufacture) plate, it be sure there isn't another plate (of any year) with the same number currently registered. I understand that gets a lot of people and my be the reason for the Tallahassee trip. I was also under the impression that a YOM plate could not be modified in any way, including repaint or touch up.

I believe you can also get a FL licensed dealer or even a Notary to do the VIN verification on an out of state transfer. I used a Notary to bring in my wagon that had an Illinois title.

Huh, I have blue plates on all my motorcycles and was never told about mileage restrictions. Ride with a couple cops, they have never said anything. Though they get pissed when my 76 rd400 gets more attention then their big dollar hogs. You are talking about blue plates or horseless carriage plates?
I'll take the RD over hardly abelson! The right Buell could maybe make some contest to choice, but i'm a die hard two stroke lover. I've had two 'Zuk water buffalos semi cafe'd(naked)with expansion cans. I'd die for a works TR-750.

Auto Transport Service
Back