• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone been to South America - Peru or Brazil?

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
Since we have more than a few world travelers on FBBO - And certainly a larger sample of people than I could reach in any other way - We have zero social networking in our lives other than me on this site - I’d like to ask for thoughts on travel to South America. Ive said before given my wife’s precarious health status I want to make sure we see as much of the world together as possible while we both can. The 4 country trip to Africa last month was great x the journey home. I’m not wasting any time thinking about the next where to. I took her to Columbia and Costa Rica just barely prior to the plague - separate trips. She’s going to Europe w/her mother and a priest led Saigon group in the fall to largely experience as many of the religious sites as possible in Italy, France, Spain & Portugal while her mother can still travel. Heavy emphasis on the Vatican and seeing the pope. We’ve already been there and I’m not jazzed up about going again, especially with a group of Vietnamese travelers. So now I’m thinking other countries in SA this winter.

I belabor the point. Thoughts on Peru, Brazil or anywhere else in SA would be welcome and appreciated. Thx!

I've been to Peru, Indiana. But, I don't think that counts. LOL.

I have been to most of SA except Venezuela. It was over 2 decades ago so I can't speak to current safety or politics. I was most impressed in order by Argentina, Chile and Columbia.
I don't mean to sound preachy etc, but I have been to 47 states and 37 countries, and I am still discovering and enjoying the beauty and all that the US has to offer. Acadia NP is still on my to see list.

This is me and Julio, both in sunglasses, headed to Medellin Columbia LOL
We were doing a private concert at some guy's house named Pablo.

imgv30-01050 Julio JC.jpg

Last edited:
My buddy went to Peru a couple years ago to go hiking. Whatever,,, Showed us a bunch of pics. Said the people were very nice. Ate some nasty stuff. If you like “hiking” on the side of a mountain on a narrow *** trail,, then Peru is for you.

I have been to most of SA except Venezuela. It was over 2 decades ago so I can't speak to current safety or politics. I was most impressed in order by Argentina, Chile and Columbia.
I don't mean to sound preachy etc, but I have been to 47 states and 37 countries, and I am still discovering and enjoying the beauty and all that the US has to offer. Acadia NP is still on my to see list.

This is me and Julio, both in sunglasses, headed to Medellin Columbia LOL
We were doing a private concert at some guy's house named Pablo.

View attachment 1655183
Actually when we went to Columbia it was mainly to Cartegena where my brother & Columbian wife had rented a condo. I would really like to see a lot more of that country - question is still safety. My brother etc has gone all over there but it’s always been to her family peoples places. We would not be in that situation.

Yeah - Pablo I’ve heard he had some things going down there….

Auto Transport Service
Back