• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone care to post your 470 + or - 30 cubes builds and horsepower combinations

Good question.... but mines never been dyno-ed. So, mathematically it came out to about 680 hp I thought and I dunno the torque. Stock 400 block, indy 440-1 max wedge heads and square intake with Dominator adapter (for better signal), Eagle crank and rods, Wiseco flat tops with reliefs, Ultradyne solid roller cam. Ran 10.0 @ 140mph (too high mph), no tuning or power adders in a 3200# max auto car with a brake. HTH, Lefty71
DemonLaunch2[1].jpg

Can’t match the above but the basics are 440 stroked to 494 made 555 hp with 600lbs of torque on the dyno. I don’t know all the details on what the builder did To get that. Just know he bored it 30 over and stuffed in Eagle crank, rods and pistons. Can’t remember the cam. Im running an a12 set up for carburetors and intake. Never took it to the strip after the build which was just 2 years ago. I just know she screams on the street when I turn her loose.

Can’t match the above but the basics are 440 stroked to 494
Whoops!!!!!
24 cubes to much for the thread of 470 cubes....

made 555 hp with 600lbs of torque on the dyno.
Nice!
I don’t on what the builder did....
What? You don’t know what’s in there in a thread asking what is in your stuff?

Seriously?????

Aaaaa, come on man!:mob::mob:
:poke:

Good question.... but mines never been dyno-ed. So, mathematically it came out to about 680 hp I thought and I dunno the torque. Stock 400 block, indy 440-1 max wedge heads and square intake with Dominator adapter (for better signal), Eagle crank and rods, Wiseco flat tops with reliefs, Ultradyne solid roller cam. Ran 10.0 @ 140mph (too high mph), no tuning or power adders in a 3200# max auto car with a brake. HTH, Lefty71View attachment 666315
Do you have the cam specs?

Do you have the cam specs?

Ancient Chinese Secret!

I'll dig them out and repost..... HERES THE EDIT;

Ultradyne R72/R72
Grind # 308R8
Dur. @ 50 276/276
Straight pattern cam, solid roller grind
Lobe lift .4567"
Lobe Separation 108
Seat duration @ .020 308
Gross Lift .686"
Hot Lash .026"
Degree to 102 ATDC
I was told stick with 1.5 rockers, and I think we used K Motion K-950 springs with this cam. I was also told, torque peak was ~ 3,800-4,000, power curve was 3,950 to 4,000 in range, and 7,000 was max 6,500 more useful.
I do know although the car ran 10 flat, with small changes to the rev limiter it will hop right into the 9's, and I never experimented much further....

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back