• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone going to Mopar Muscle Dragfest ay London Kentucky?

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
People have been telling me how great this event is for a few years now. Decided to make the 7 hour trip. We'll be leaving Thursday.
Doug

That the one in Clay City ?

I used to go every year. but havent in some years now.

so cant say for sure if its worth a 7 hr trip

That the one in Clay City ?

I used to go every year. but havent in some years now.

so cant say for sure if its worth a 7 hr trip
Not Clay City. London Dragway. London Kentucky. I had a pretty good run at the Clay City events. Won 4 of them which Included winning back to back on the same weekend
Doug

Had a great time. The track is old school. It's located in the Danial Boone National Forrest. It was a coal mine back in the day. Track ownwers Craig and Tammy Boone are great. bob Rodgers did an excellent job of promotion. Pro and Hemi purses were INCREASED over the weekend due to higher car counts. We struggled with the car until Sunday when I upped the pump squirters. Managed to get to the semi's and ended my day with a -.008 red. My car was also selected Best Appearing which was unexpected.

new ky night.jpg

I like them. But I liked the old ones as well. These are just not as nostalgic. They are easier to keep clean.
Doug

Had a great time. The track is old school. It's located in the Danial Boone National Forrest. It was a coal mine back in the day. Track ownwers Craig and Tammy Boone are great. bob Rodgers did an excellent job of promotion. Pro and Hemi purses were INCREASED over the weekend due to higher car counts. We struggled with the car until Sunday when I upped the pump squirters. Managed to get to the semi's and ended my day with a -.008 red. My car was also selected Best Appearing which was unexpected.

View attachment 1537280
Congratulations. That’s an amazing picture right there Doug.
Are you still running the push button shift?

Yes it still has a pushbutton. Though the shifter has been moved to the heater button location. The roll cage occupies the mechanism's location.
Doug

0804121206.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back