• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone running a Comp cam SR 214/224 585/587 or similar

RT K_line

Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
I've lost my cam card and just put my 906s back on and wanted to know if someone else is using a similar solid Roller cam. I set it at .020 first but it sounded noisier than I remember. Then I found a cam on their Web site that had a similar lift but more duration. It said to set to .016/.018 so I went back and readjusted them but still are a little noisy. I think I remember the engine got quieter when I put the aluminum heads on so it might be fine with the cast iron heads back on it. It seems a little more peppy on the bottom end also, and I'm attributing that to a tighter quench area on these heads .039 as opposed to .080 the Eddy's have. So back to the question, does that lash setting sound good to any of you? Suggestions welcome.

.016 and .018 sounds reasonable for solid roller cams. What are you doing to oil the rollers?? As far as restrictions and lifter brand?

.016 and .018 sounds reasonable for solid roller cams. What are you doing to oil the rollers?? As far as restrictions and lifter brand?
They are Comp Cams Endur X solid rollers. What modifications do you suggest?

Auto Transport Service
Back