• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone running Poly urethane front suspension bushings? PST polygraphite?

Last Exit

Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
Anyone running Poly urethane front suspension bushings? PST polygraphite? Pro or cons? Any issues or recommendations? Fitment problems? I posted this question in the 62-65 forum, however I am looking for more info from anyone using using PST's polygraphite bushings. I was thinking the PST bushings would be the way to go on my 65 since my car sits a lot, rubber dries out and deteriorates over time. Road use experience input would be helpful.

I've had them on mine since the mid 90s. Would highly recommend it. No noises or harshness either.

I have poly bushings on my 71. No squeaks or harsh ride. I used lots of the lube during installation to avoid the squeaks. Use the black bushings since they have the graphite; not the coloured ones.
I did not use PST since they would not sell to me because I am on the wrong side of the border; US sales only apparently. Don't recall, but I may have got my bushings from Mancini.
My 65 has rubber bushings from the previous owner, so I have not changed those.

I installed PSTs complete front end polygraphite kit about 12 years ago. Install was very easy except for upper ball joint and special tool required. I would do it again as it made a big difference to handling.

I did not use PST since they would not sell to me because I am on the wrong side of the border; US sales only apparently.

I think you will find that things have changed. PST shipped my parts to me in New Zealand about 6 months ago. Very good to deal with.

Last edited:
In 2003 when I rebuilt the front end of my 70 Charger, I replaced everything with urethane except the lower control arm bushings. It rode a little stiff but I later learned that was due to my budget choice of KYB shocks. 2 years ago I replaced the urethane UCA bushings with rubber MOOG offset units to get more caster. I still have urethane strut rod and sway bar bushings. I love the way the car handles with the 1.15 torsion bars and Bilstein shocks.

Auto Transport Service
Back